Simple and Easy tomato based coconut gravy for a busy week day lunch.
- 2 Tomato Chopped
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard
- 1 Spring Curry Leaves
- 1/2 Cup Coconut
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder
- Salt As per taste
- 1 Cup Water
Chop the Onion and tomato and set aside. Blend coconut into a smooth paste with required water.
Heat oil in a wok. Add in mustard and allow to splutter.
Add in onion and curry leaves and saute until glossy.
Add in Tomatoes and salt to taste and saute until tomatoes are mushy.
Add in the coconut paste and required water.
Add in turmeric powder and Chilli powder and cook until the oil seperates in the sides of the vessel or until completely done.
This is gravy type recipe. Adjust water quantity as required.
Kuzhambu Milagai Podi can also be substituted for red chilli powder.
Step by Step Photos on how to make Thakkali Kuzhambu / Tomato Gravy
- Chop the Veggies. Blend Coconut into a smooth paste with required water.
- Heat oil in pan. Add in mustard and allow it to splutter. Add in chopped onion a and saute until glossy. Add in Curry Leaves and saute them.
- Add in chopped tomatoes and salt to taste. Saute until the tomatoes are mushy.
- Add in the blended coconut paste, Add in a cup of water.
- Add in turmeric powder and Red Chilli Powder. Add Salt if required. Cook until the oil seperates in the sides of the vessel or until completely done.
- Simple and easy tomato gravy is now ready to serve.