Ash Gourd Raitha
|Prep time: 10 Min||| Cook time: 10 Min||| Total time: 20 Min|
|Recipe type: Side Dish||| Cuisine: Indian||| Yield / Serves: 2|
|Taste: Mildly Spicy with Tanginess of Curd|
To Grind and Paste ::
Coconut – 3 tablespoon
Jeera – 1.5 teaspoon
Green Chillis – 1
Water – as required
For Roasting Cashew:
White Pumpkin – ½ Cup Grated
Oil – 1 tablespoon
Mustard – 1 teaspoon
Asafoetida – ½ teaspoon
Onion – 1 chopped
Curd – ½ Cup
Curry Leaves – a spring
Salt – To taste
Step by Step Photos on how to make Ash Gourd Raitha :
- Remove the outer skin of White Pumpkin. Remove the seeds from the center portion of the pumpkin. Grate the pumpkin.
- Add the ingredients listed under “grind and paste” and grind into a paste. Heat oil in a a frying pan. Add mustard and allow to splutter.
- Add onion and allow saute glossy. Add Curry Leaves and saute them. Remove the frying pan from the flame and add the asafoetida. Once the nice aroma comes out , add the grated pumpkin and saute until it is cooked well. Add the ground paste. Give a quick stir.
- Cook until the raw smell leaves. Switch off the flame and cool down the mixture. Add the curd and mix them. Ash Gourd Raitha is now ready to serve.
- White Pumpkin can also be chopped instead of grating it.
- While adding asafoetida remove the frying pan from heat source or it might burn.
- Add the Curd after cooling down the mixture or the curd would cuddle.
Ash Gourd Raitha can be served with paratas, or Variety rices like sambar ric. It is also served as an accompaniment with a full meal with rice and othe vegetarian gravies and side dishes.