Banana and Walnut Cake
|Prep time: 15 Min||| Bake time: 40 Min||| Total time: 55 Min|
|Recipe type: Bakes||| Cuisine: International||| Yields / Serves: 1 loaf|
Banana - 3 small
All Purpose flour - 1 Cup
Powdered Sugar- ⅓ Cup
Walnut Chopped - 3 tablespoon
Dry Grapes - 2 tablespoon
Baking Powder - 1 teaspoon
Baking Soda - ½ teaspoon
Milk - 2 tablespoon
Cinnamon Powder - 1 tablespoon
Butter - ⅓ Cup
Step by Step Photos on how to make Banana and Walnut Bread:
- Mash bananas using a fork. Chop walnuts into smaller pieces.
- Add butter into a bowl. Whisk them until it is nice and creamy. Add the powdered sugar with it.
- Mix the Butter and Sugar until they blend well and gets nice creamy texture. Take All Purpose Flour, Baking Powder and Baking Soda in a Bowl. Sift them.
- Add in the cinnamon powder to the dry flour and mix well. Add in the mashed banana and mix well. Add the milk and mix well.
- Add in walnuts and dry fruits.
- Mix the batter slowly. Get ready with the baking tin. Grease the baking tin with butter.
- Add a parchment paper in the bottom of the baking tin. Again grease the parchment paper with butter. Add in the Cake batter into the cake tin.
- Take the cake tin well so that the batter gets into all corners of the cake tin. Preheat the oven for 10 minutes at 180 Deg C. Place the cake tin in the oven. Bake until the tooth pick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean and the top of the cake starts browning. I have baked my cake for 40 minutes at 180 Deg C. Once it is done remove it from the oven and allow it to cool down completely.
- After it cools down completely invert the cake tin to bring the cake out. Since we have place a parchment paper it would easily slip out. Now remove the parchment paper.
- Wrap it with a plastic wrap and leave it in the kitchen counter for 12 hours. After 12 hours slice it as you like.
- Sift the dry ingredients 2 or 3 times in order to remove any lumps as well as to mix the ingredients well.
- Make sure all the ingredients are in room temperature before starting the process.
- Baking time differs between different ovens. So read the user manual carefully before you start baking.
- The batter must not be too thick or too runny. Adjust the level of milk accordingly.
- Do not omit greasing the baking tin as it is the key step to remove the key from the tin. It prevents the cake from sticking to the tin.
- The cake tastes better after 12 hours.
- Butter can also be replaced with cooking oil. The output is the same. But there is a slight difference in taste and that is negligible.
- It tastes good with white sugar or brown sugar.
Banana and Walnut bread can be served as as a tea time snack. I have packed it as a snack in my kids lunch box. My darling daughter was all in love with this cake. Happy me!