Barnyard Millet Pongal / Kuthiraivali Ven Pongal is a healthy breakfast recipe.
- 1 Cup Barnyard Millet / Kuthiraivali Arisi
- 1/4 Cup Moong Dal
- 3 Cups Water
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 3 Tablespoon Ghee
- 2 Green Chilli Chopped
- 1/2 Tablespoon Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 Tablespoon Pepper
- Fistful Curry Leaves
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger Grated
Dry Roast Barnyard Millet and Moong Dal seperately.
Soak Moong Dal in water for 30 minutes.
Heat water in a pot and add start heating. When the water starts boiling add in millet moong dal with salt.
Cook until the millet and moong dal are cooked soft. I have not made it too mushy and like to keep it grains. If using a pressure cooker pressure cook for 3 whistles in medium flame.
Heat Ghee in a wok and add in Cumin Seeds, Pepper, Green Chillis, Grated Ginger and Curry Leaves and saute them.
Add them into the millet mixture. Mix them gently and switch off the flame.
Healthy Millet Pongal is now ready to serve.
Step by Step Photos on how to make Barnyard Millet Pongal / Kuthiraivali Ven Pongal
- Dry roast Moong Dal and Barnyard Millet seperately. Heat Water in a pot when the water starts boiling add in Barnyard Millet. Soak the moong dal for 30 minutes.
- Add in Moong Dal. Start cooking until the dal and millet cooks well.
- Add in salt to taste. Keep Cooking until the the millet and dal cooks well.
- Heat Ghee in a wok. Add in Cumin Seeds and Pepper.
- Add in Curry Leaves, Green Chillis and Grated Ginger. Saute them until they are sauted well.
- Add them into the millet mixture. Switch off the flame.
- Healthy Pongal Recipe is now ready to serve.