Other Recipes in this space with Black Rice are Protein Porridge
Black Rice Pongal / Kavuni Arisi Pongal is a Healthy and Delicious Pongal
- 3/4 Cup Jaggery Powder
- 3/4 Cup Water
- A Generous Pinch Edible Camphor
- 4 Cardamom Crushed
- 3/4 Cup Black Rice
- 4 Cups Water
- A Generous Pinch Salt
- 3 Tablespoon Ghee
- 15 Cardamom
- 3/4 Cup Coconut
Soak black rice in water overnight.
For Jaggery Syrup add in jaggery, Water, Cardamom and edible camphor into a bowl and start heating it.
Keep heating until the jaggery and camphor dissolves. Switch off the flame and drain for any impurities.
Take black rice and water in a pot and start cooking until the rice is cooked soft. If required only then add more water. Else if pressure cooking then add rice and water in pressure cooker and pressurecook in medium flame for 5 whistles.
Add in the jaggery syrup and coconut into the rice mixture. Cook until the mixture blends well.
Heat Ghee in a wok add in cashew and saute them until the cashews start darkening.
Add in ghee and cashews into the rice mixture. Cook for few minutes and switch off the flame.
Delicious Black Rice Pongal is now ready to serve.
- Other than the soaking time the Black Rice Pongal takes around 30 minutes for cooking.
Step by Step Photos on how to make Black Rice Pongal / Kavuni Arisi Pongal
- Soak Black Rice Overnight. Add in water and rice to a bowl and cook the rice until it cooks soft. If pressurecooking add in Rice and water into pressurecooker and pressure cook for 5 whistles in medium flame.
- Add in jaggery, water, edible camphor and Cardamom into a bowl and start heating.
- When the Jaggery dissolves switch of the flame. Drain for any impurities.
- Add in the Jaggery syrup into the Black rice Mixture. Keep cooking until the mixture blends well. Add in coconut and keep cooking.
- Heat ghee in a wok and add in cashews. Saute until the cashews starts browning.
- Add the ghee and cashews into the Pongal. Mix them gently. Cook for few minutes. Switch off the flame.
- Delicious Black Rice Pongal is now ready to serve.