Broken Wheat Rava
|Prep time: 15 Min||| Cook time: 30 Min||| Total time: 45 Min|
|Recipe type: Main Course||| Cuisine: Indian||| Yield / Serves: 2|
|Taste: Mildly Spicy|
Broken Wheat / Wheat Rava – 1 Cup
Onion – 1 Chopped
Tomato – 1 big Chopped
Carrot – 1 Medium Chopped
Capsicum – 1 Medium Chopped
Potato – 1 medium Chopped
Beans – 4 Chopped
Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tablespoon
Water – 1.5 Cup
Turmeric Powder – ¼ teaspoon
Garam Masala – 1 teaspoon
Yogurt/Curd – ¼ Cup
For green Paste:
Green Chillis – 2 (optional)
Mint Leaves – Fistful
Coriander Leaves – Fistful
Oil – 2 tablespoon
Bay Leaves – 1
Cinnamon – 1 inch piece
Cloves – 3
Star Anise – 1
Fennel Seeds – 1 teaspoon
Cardamom – 3
Step by Step Photos on how to make Broken Wheat Biryani:
- Dry Roast the Wheat Rava . Roast until the wheat aroma comes out. Set Aside the Wheat Rava. Heat Oil in a Pan. Add in Fennel Seeds, Cloves, Cinnamon, Bay Leaves and roast until nice aroma comes out. Add in the chopped onion and saute until glossy.
- Add in the chopped tomatoes and saute until mushy. Add in the Ginger garlic paste and saute until the raw smell goes off.
- Add in the capsicum and saute it. Add in the Chopped Beans and Potato and saute them.
- Add in the Chopped carrot and saute them. Grind Coriander Leaves Mint leaves and green chillis and make a green paste. Add water only if your mixer/Blender does not cooperate.Add in the green paste. Saute them until the raw smell goes off.
- Add in the turmeric powder and garam masala and mix them well. Saute until the raw smell leaves.
- Add in the curd and saute until it blends well with masala for 2 minutes. Add in the broken wheat and saute them for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add in water and salt to taste. Close the pressure cooker and Pressure cook for 2 Whistles in high flame. Switch off the flame. Leave the pressure cooker to release pressure on its own. Open the Pressure cooker. Broken Wheat Biryani is now ready to serve.
- Ghee can be added instead of oil to make the dish even more flavourfu
Broken wheat Biryani can be served with any kurma and raitha. I served this with Pineapple Raitha and Brinjal Gravy..