Cabbage and Egg tastes good while combined and cooked together. Cabbage is a low calorie vegetable and nutritious vegetable. Egg is rich in protein. Cabbage and Egg combined together forms a very good side dish for rice, Chapatti etc. A Smart way to make kids eat cabbage. This is one of my little one's favourite recipe. Cabbage Egg Stir Fry / Muttai Muttaikose Poriyal is the recipe is one I pack for her in lunch box frequently and she loves it.
Cabbage Egg Stir Fry goes very well with steamed rice sambar and rasam. As an alternate this also goes very well with Chapatti.
Cabbage Egg Stir Fry / Muttai Muttaikose Poriyal
- 1 Cup Cabbage Chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Oil for cabbage
- ½ Teaspoon Mustard
- ½ Teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 2 Spring Curry Leaves
- ½ Onion Chopped
- ½ Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Ginger Grated
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Green Chilli Chopped
- Salt To taste
- Heat oil in a wok. Add in Cumin Seeds and Mustard and allow them to splutter.
- Add in onion and saute them.
- Add in curry Leaves, Green Chillis and Ginger Garlic Paste.
- Saute for 30 seconds. Add in the chopped cabbage.
- Keep sauting. If the mixture is dry add in few drops of water.
- Add in salt to taste and turmeric powder and saute them.
- When the Eggs are completely sauted add in the eggs.
- Saute until the eggs are cooked well.
- Cabbage Egg stir fry is now ready to serve.
- One easy method for chopping cabbage is using a Vegetable chopper
Step by step photos on how to make Cabbage Egg Stir Fry / Muttai Muttaikose Poriyal:
- Heat oil in a wok. Add in Mustard and cumin. Allow them to splutter. Add in onion.
2. Add in chopped green Chillis. Add in Curry Leaves. Add in grated Ginger. Saute them.
3. Add in Chopped Cabbage. Saute them.
4. Add in turmeric powder and salt to taste. Saute until the cabbage is cooked well.
5. Add in Eggs. Saute until the eggs are cooked completely.
Cabbage Egg Stir Fry / Muttai Muttaikose Poriyal is now ready to serve.