|Prep time: 10 Min||| Cook time: 20min||| Total time:30 Min|
|Recipe type: Sweet||| Cuisine: Indian||| Yield / Serves: 4|
Milk - 2 Cups
Corn Kernel - 1
Sugar - ¼ Cup
Ghee - 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon for roasting nuts
Nuts - 1 tablespoon
Cardamom Powder - a generous pinch
Step by Step Photos on how to make Corn Payasam:
- Remove the outer skin from the corn. Chop the corn chunks.
- Blend the corn using a blender. Boil the milk and allow it to simmer, for about 5 minutes. Add in the corn paste into the milk. The milk thickens as soon as the corn is added. Cook in low flame for 5 minutes.
- Add in sugar and cardamom powder and give a quick stir. Cook in low flame for 5 minutes. Roast the dry fruits and nuts in ghee. Garnish with nuts
- Delicious and Creamy corn Payasam is now ready to serve.
- Simmering the milks gives in good taste.
- Any choice of dry fruits and nuts can be used for garnishing.
- Sweet Corn can also be used for his recipe.
Corn Payasam can be prepared on any special occasions or festivals. It can also be prepared as an after meal dessert.