Corn Payasam is a very easy and simple payasam. This payasam has a fresh and creamy texture. It is made by grinding corn kernels and then cooking in milk. Cardamom adds more flavour to the payasam. Payasam / Kheer is prepared in festivals and special occasions. Corn Payasam is a variation from the regular rice and rava/Semolina kheer recipes. Here goes the recipe...
Checkout Other Payasam / Kheer Recipes here.
|Prep time: 10 Min||| Cook time: 20min||| Total time:30 Min|
|Recipe type: Sweet||| Cuisine: Indian||| Yield / Serves: 4|
Milk - 2 Cups
Corn Kernel - 1
Sugar - ¼ Cup
Ghee - 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon for roasting nuts
Nuts - 1 tablespoon
Cardamom Powder - a generous pinch
Step by Step Photos on how to make Corn Payasam:
- Remove the outer skin from the corn. Chop the corn chunks.
- Blend the corn using a blender. Boil the milk and allow it to simmer, for about 5 minutes. Add in the corn paste into the milk. The milk thickens as soon as the corn is added. Cook in low flame for 5 minutes.
- Add in sugar and cardamom powder and give a quick stir. Cook in low flame for 5 minutes. Roast the dry fruits and nuts in ghee. Garnish with nuts
- Delicious and Creamy corn Payasam is now ready to serve.
- Simmering the milks gives in good taste.
- Any choice of dry fruits and nuts can be used for garnishing.
- Sweet Corn can also be used for his recipe.
Corn Payasam can be prepared on any special occasions or festivals. It can also be prepared as an after meal dessert.
Nava K says
Happening. Really a happening out of the normal kheer. Corn definitely sensational divine in this kheer
Shershams kitchen says
Definitely a new recipe for me...You have a lovely blog.BTW thanks for stopping by http://www.shershamskitchen.com and leaving your lovely comment.