Easy Mushroom Masala is a simple and easy side dish for roti.
- 200 Grams Button Mushroom
- 1 Big Onion
- 2 Medium Tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- 1 Star Anise
- 1 Inch Cinnamon stick
- 3 Cloves
- 3 Cardamom
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Chilli Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 2 Teaspoon Coriander Powder
- Fistful Coriander Leaves
- Required Salt
- Required Water
Heat oil in a wok and add in Cumin Seeds, Star Anise, Cardamom, Cinnamon and cloves. Saute until nice aroma comes out.
Add in onion and saute until glossy.
Add in ginger garlic paste and saute until nice aroma comes out.
Add in the Pepper powder, turmeric powder, chilli powder and Coriander powder and saute until the masalas blend well.
Add in tomatoes and salt to taste and saute until mushy. IF required add in few spoons of water and saute until it is cooked well.
Add in the chopped Mushroom and give a quick stir.
Switch off the flame and garnish with coriander leaves. Serve them hot with Rotis.
Step by Step Photos on how to make Mushroom Masala
- Heat oil in a wok. Add in cumin seeds, star anise, Cardamom, Cinnamon and cloves. Saute until nice aroma comes out
- Add in onion and saute until glossy. Add in Ginger garlic paste.
- Cook until the ginger garlic is sauted well. Add in turmeric powder, Pepper powder, red chilli powder and Coriander powder.
- Saute until the masalas are cooked well. Add in chopped tomatoes. Add in salt to taste and keep sauting.
- Add in 1/4 cup of water and keep cooking until the tomatoes gets mushy. If required add in more water.
- Now add in the chopped mushrooms. Give a quick stir.
- Mushroom Releases some water. Cook until all the water evaporates. Switch off the flame.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve them with Rice or rotis.