Easy Mushroom Masala is simple to make but tastes delicious. This recipe is Prepared in delicious tomato gravy, mushrooms and a little bit of spices. This is an easy to make and spicy curry that you can enjoy with chapatis and even steamed rice. It can even Made as a dry side dish and enjoyed as an appetiser.
Easy Mushroom Masala
Easy Mushroom Masala is a simple and easy side dish for roti.
- 200 Grams Button Mushroom
- 1 Big Onion
- 2 Medium Tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- 1 Star Anise
- 1 Inch Cinnamon stick
- 3 Cloves
- 3 Cardamom
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Chilli Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 2 Teaspoon Coriander Powder
- Fistful Coriander Leaves
- Required Salt
- Required Water
- Heat oil in a wok and add in Cumin Seeds, Star Anise, Cardamom, Cinnamon and cloves. Saute until nice aroma comes out.
- Add in onion and saute until glossy.
- Add in ginger garlic paste and saute until nice aroma comes out.
- Add in the Pepper powder, turmeric powder, chilli powder and Coriander powder and saute until the masalas blend well.
- Add in tomatoes and salt to taste and saute until mushy. IF required add in few spoons of water and saute until it is cooked well.
- Add in the chopped Mushroom and give a quick stir.
- Switch off the flame and garnish with coriander leaves. Serve them hot with Rotis.
Step by Step Photos on how to make Mushroom Masala
- Heat oil in a wok. Add in cumin seeds, star anise, Cardamom, Cinnamon and cloves. Saute until nice aroma comes out
- Add in onion and saute until glossy. Add in Ginger garlic paste.
- Cook until the ginger garlic is sauted well. Add in turmeric powder, Pepper powder, red chilli powder and Coriander powder.
- Saute until the masalas are cooked well. Add in chopped tomatoes. Add in salt to taste and keep sauting.
- Add in ¼ cup of water and keep cooking until the tomatoes gets mushy. If required add in more water.
- Now add in the chopped mushrooms. Give a quick stir.
- Mushroom Releases some water. Cook until all the water evaporates. Switch off the flame.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve them with Rice or rotis.