Yam stir fry can be served as a snack or as a side dish with rice.
- 1 Cup Elephant Foot Yam Cubed
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Mustard
- 2 Dry Red Chillis
- 2 Green Chillis
- 2 Spring Curry Leaves
- 1/4 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Asafoetida
Peel and Chop Elephant foot Yam. Chope them into Cubes. Add them into a Pressure cooker with water, salt, Asafoetida and Turmeric Powder. Pressure cook in medium flame for 2 whistles.
Switch Off the flame and allow the pressure cooker to release pressure on its own. Open the pressure cooker. Drain the excess water.
Heat Coconut Oil in a Wok. Add in Mustard and allow it to splutter. Add in red chillis and saute them. Add in curry leaves. Add in the Cooked Yam pieces.
Saute for 3 minutes. Switch off the flame and serve them hot.
- Yam is harder to chop them. Peel them carefully and Wash them well and then cube them.
- Yam creates some itchy tendency but after pressure cooking them there is no harm.
Step by Step Photos on how to make Elephant Yam Stir Fry / Senai Sundal
- Peel and Chop Yam into Cubes. Add them into a pressure cooker with Water, Salt and Turmeric Powder.
- Add in Asafoetida and green chillis and pressure cook for 2 whistles in medium flame.
- Switch off the flame and allow the pressure to release on its own. Open the pressure cooker and drain the excess water. Heat oil in a wok. Add in mustard and allow them to splutter. Add in Dry red Chillis and Curry Leaves and saute them for few minutes. Add in the Yam and saute for few minutes. Switch off the flame. Yam Sundal is now ready to serve.
- Yam Stir Fry tastes super delicious. Next to Potato Fry my little girl likes this a lot in her lunch box.