Green Peas Coconut Gravy is a tasty and filling gravy to be served with Chapathi and rotis. It only takes the soaking time. Otherwise it can be prepared in less than 30 minutes. The Green peas is pressure cooked and them cooked in coconut paste. It is very tasty to be had with Chapathis or idlis.
Green Peas Coconut Gravy
Green Peas Coconut Gravy is a tasty side dish to be served with Rotis and Chapathis
- 1 Cup Green Peas Soaked in water
- ⅓ Cup Coconut Grated
- ½ Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 2 Green Chillis
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 1 Spring Curry Leaves
- 1 Teaspoon Mustard
- Water as required
- Soak Green peas in water for 4 hours. After 4 hours add in the green peas into pressure cooker with limited water, and salt.
- Pressure cook for 3 whistles in medium flame. Switch off the flame. Allow the pressure to release on its own. Open the pressure cooker and set it aside.
- Add in Coconut and Green Chillis with limited water and blend them into a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a wok. Add in mustard and allow them to splutter.
- Add in onion and curry leaves and saute until the onion gets glossy.
- Add in the cooked green peas. Saute for few minutes.
- Add in coconut paste and turmeric powder and cook until they blend well.
- Switch off the flame. Serve hot with rotis.
Step by Step Photos on how to make Green Peas Coconut Gravy:
- Soak Green Peas for atleas 4 hours.
- Pressure Cook Green Peas with limited water and salt to taste for 3 whistles in medium flame.
- Allow the pressure cooker to release pressure on its own. Open the Pressure cooker and set them aside.
- Meanwhile blend coconut and green chillis with limited water into a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a wok. Add in mustard and allow them to splutter. Add in onion and curry leaves and saute them until glossy.
- Drain the excess water from the green peas and add them into onion.
- Add in the coconut paste and turmeric powder and salt to taste and cook until the masalas blend well. Switch off the flame.
- Green Peas Coconut Gravy is now ready to serve.