Green Peas Coconut Milk Pulao is a flavourful lunch box recipe.
- 1 Cup Basmati Rice
- 1/2 Cup Thick Coconut Milk
- 1 Cup Thin Coconut Milk
- 1 Onion Sliced
- 2 Green Chillies
- 2 Tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1/3 Cup Fresh Green Peas
- Salt To Taste
- 1.5 Tablespoon Ghee / Oil
- 2 Cardamom
- 2 Cloves
- 1/2 Inch Cinnamon
- 1 Bay Leaves
- 1.5 Teaspoon Fennel Seeds
Soak green peas overnight. Drain the water in the morning. Cook them with salt and water for 50 %. Drain the excess water and set them aside.
Wash and clean the basmati rice. Soak them in water for 30 minutes.
Heat oil Ghee in a Pressure cooker.
Add in the ingredients mentioned under to tamper and saute until nice aroma comes out.
Add in sliced onion and green chillis and saute until glossy.
Add in ginger garlic paste. Saute for few minutes.
Add in the green peas and saute for few minutes.
Drain the excess water and add in the rice.
Saute for few minutes.
Add in both thick and thin coconut milk. Add in salt to taste.
Bring the mixture to boil.
Close the pressure cooker and pressure cook for 2 whistles in high flame for 2 whistles.
Switch off the flame and allow the pressure to release on its own.
Open the pressure cooker and fluff with a fork.
- The water level used in the Pulao may slightly vary due to the type of basmati rice used.
- If fresh peas not available then dried peas can be used. Bot soak them overnight and cook them 50 % before using them into pulao.
I packed Green Peas Coconut milk kurma with Fryams and Apple. Checkout other Pulao Recipes here.