Prawns are used to make many delicious recipes. After removing the shell from the prawns deveining is another basic stepin the process of cooking prawns. Sometimes when this is not removed the prawns might not get its taste. Here is how you can devein the prawns...
How to Devein Prawns
Step by Step Photos on how to Devein Prawns :
- I have choosen bigger size prawns so it was easy for me to click pictures.
- To remove the outer shell of prawns hold the prawn with its legs downwards.
first try to pull the shell over the head portion.
- Remove the head portion with all the waste inside. Then try to remove the legs below the head.
- Next remove the shell above the tail and the legs below it. Next step is to devein the prawns.
- After removing the outer shell of the prawns wash the prawns completely. Hold the prawns like shown in the picture below. Using a knife cut them lengthwise. The vein is visible. Here in this picture the veins are bigger and it is visible. In some prawns the veins are tiny.
- Remove the black portion and wash the prawns completely and chop them if required.