Mango Coconut Muffins
|Prep time: 15 Min||| Baking time: 5 min||| Total time:20 Min|
|Recipe type: Cakes and Bakes||| Cuisine: International||| Yields : 6 Muffins|
|Taste: Sweet with flavor of Mango and richness of Coconut|
Maida / All Purpose Flour - 1 Cup
Olive Oil/Vegetable oil - ¼ Cup
Curd / Yogurt - ½ Cup
Milk - ¼ Cup
Desiccated coconut - ¼ Cup
Mango - 1 Small or ⅓ cup Pureed
Brown Sugar - ¾ Cup
Baking Soda- ¼ Teaspoon
Baking Powder - ¼ Teaspoon
Vanilla Extract - ½ Teaspoon
Step by Step Photos on how to make Mango Coconut Muffins:
- Chop mangoes and Puree them. Mix All Purpose flour, Baking Powder and Baking Soda. Sieve this mixture.
- After the mixture is sieved well for 2 or 3 times. Add the desiccated coconut and mix well. Set this aside. In another wide bowl take the yogurt/Curd.
- Add the Milk with yogurt and whisk well until it reaches a smooth consistency. Add the oil and whisk again. Add in the mango puree and whisk it well.
- Add the brown sugar and vanilla Extract and whisk until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the all purpose flour little by little and mix it upto a smooth consistency. Mix slowly. If the batter is too tight add 2 table spoon of milk and mix again. Since descicated coconut is added it might get tight.
- Line up the muffin tray with the muffin liners. Using the icecream scooper scoop the batter and place in each liner. Place some choco strands on top of the muffins. This is completely optional.
- Preheat the microwave to 180 deg C. Bake the muffins at 180 Deg C until the toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. My muffins were ready in 5 minutes. Rich and Flavorful Mango Muffins ready in minutes.
- Allow the muffin to cool down completely before serving.
- I have used Alphonso Mango. The color of the muffins depends upon the type of mango used.
- Since desiccated coconut is added it makes the mixture a bit dry. If the mixture is dry or thick add 2 tablespoon of extra milk
- Baking time might differ between different microwaves. Read your user manual carefully and adjust the baking time accordingly.
- Brown sugar can also be replaced with refined sugar.
- Use icecream scopper for scooping the batter and placing into the muffin liners. Its gives a clean finish.
- Instead of choco strands the muffins can be topped up as per your choice.
Muffins are on the go Snack. Can be served along with breakfast. Or as a After meal snack for lunch to kids.