Mango Granita is a delightful dessert. Mango Granita is a easily made coarse sorbet or ice cream without an ice cream machine. A delightful alternate to the ice creams. Its a delicious icey dessert. This is again a great way to use the ripe mangoes. The addition of lime juice adds in great taste to this awesome dessert.
Mango Granita is a delicious dessert.
- 2 Cups Mangoes Chopped
- ½ Cup Water
- Sugar to Taste
- ½ Lemon
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Add in chopped mangoes, Lemon Juice, Water and sugar and blend them into a smooth paste.
- Place them in a wide bowl and freeze them until hard.
- Place a fork at the top of the dish and pull them in rows from left to right. .
- Scoop up the shaved ice and fill your chilled glasses or bowls.
- If the mangoes are sweet enough then sugar is not required.
- Take out of the refrigerator and serve immediately.
Step by Step Photos on how to make Mango Granita
- Peel Mangoes. Chop them into smaller pieces. Add in mango pieces, Water, Sugar and lemon juice into a blender and blend them into a smooth paste.
- Pour the smoothie into a wide mouthed container and cover it with a lid and place in the freezer until harderned.
- Take them out of the freezer. Using a fork draw them in rows to scrape them into a coarse content. Scoop them in bowels.
- Serve them immediately.