Mutton Liver Gravy, The gravy seems to take away that strong “liver taste”. My husband is all smiles when I cooked this for him. I served it with Rice. Its a Belly Filler and very good for you. This is one of the tastiest gravies i ever had. The coconut paste on the liver makes a very nice gravy. It is good served over Rice or Chapati. A delicious way to add iron to your diet! Checkout other Mutton Liver Recipes Here
Mutton Liver Gravy
Mutton Liver Gravy is a tasty curry with rice or roti
To Pressure Cook
- 200 Grams Mutton Liver
- Required Water
- ½ Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
For Coconut Paste
- ½ Cup Coconut Grated
- ¼ Cup Water
- 2 Spring Curry Leaves Chopped
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 1.5 Tablespoon Oil
- ½ Teaspoon Mustard
- ½ Teaspoon Cumin seeds
- Salt To Taste
- 2 Teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
For Pressure Cooking Liver
- Add All the ingredients mentioned under to pressure cook into a pressure cooker and pressure cook for 3 whistles in medium flame. Switch off the flame and allow the pressure cooker to release pressure on its own. Separate the water and liver pieces and set both of them aside.
For Coconut Paste
- Add in grated coconut and water into a blender and blend them into a smooth paste.
For Mutton Liver Gravy
- Heat oil in a wok. Add in Mustard and Cumin and allow them to splutter.
- Add in Onion and saute until glossy.
- Add in Curry leaves and saute them. Add in the Mutton Liver pieces and saute them for few minutes.
- Add in turmeric powder, Red chilli powder and Coriander powder and saute for few minutes.
- Add in salt to taste and add in the remaining water from pressure cooking. Add more water only of required.
- Add in the coconut paste. Bring it to boil.
- Simmer the flame and cook until the oil separates. Switch off the flame.
- Tasty Mutton Liver Gravy is now ready to serve.
- I chop curry leaves as it is easy to feed kids.
- Do not pressure cook the liver for more time as it would turn rubbery sometimes.
Step by Step Photos on how to make Mutton Liver Gravy
- Wash and Clean the Liver. Pressure cook with required water salt and turmeric Powder. Pressure cook for 3 whistles in medium flame.
- Heat oil in a wok. Add in Mustard and Cumin Seeds and allow them to splutter.
- Add in onion and chopped curry leaves and saute them until glossy.
- Reserve the excess water after pressure cooking for usage in later steps. Add in the cooked liver. Saute for few minutes.
- Add in turmeric powder, Corinader Powder.
- Add in Red Chilli powder. Saute for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Add in salt to taste and the water reserved in the previous step.
- Add in coconut paste and bring the gravy to boil. Reduce the flame and cook until the oil seperates . Switch off the flame.
- Delicious Mutton Liver Gravy is now ready to serve.