Orange Paneer Kheer / Orange Paneer Payasam is a delicious payasam that can be made with the easily available ingredients. I simply loved the payasam. I am sure anyone would surely fall in love with it so as i am. Orange and Milk sometimes sounds like they dont go well with each other. But trust me this payasam was simply super delicious. It was creamy and a citrus blast. Todays "Protein Rich" ingredient is going to be paneer.
Orange Paneer Kheer / Orange Paneer Payasam
Orange Paneer Kheer / Orange Paneer Payasam is a simple rich creamy and delicious dessert.
- 1.5 Cup Milk
- ¾ Cup Condensed Milk
- 1.5 Oranges
- ⅛ Cup Nuts
- 1.5 Tablespoon Ghee
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ Cup Paneer Scrambled
- Peel oranges. Remove all the white portion from the orange.
- Heat ghee in a wok. Roast the nuts.
- Remove the nuts from the ghee. Add in the boiled milk. Bring it to boil.
- Add in Condensed Milk and bring it to boil once again.
- Add in Scrambled paneer and cook for few mins. Switch off the flame and add in the roasted nuts.
- Allow the kheer to cool down. Add in the oranges and allow to refrigerate for atleast 30 minutes.
- Serve the kheer chilled
- Orange Kheer tastes best when served chill.
- Condensed milk can also be replaced with sugar.
- Raisins can also be added and roasted along with nuts.
Step by Step Photos on how to make Orange Paneer Kheer / Orange Paneer Payasam
- Heat ghee in a wok. Add in the chopped nuts. Roast them.
- Remove the nuts from the wok. Add in them milk along with ghee and bring it to boil. Add in the condensed milk and again bring it to boil.
- Add in scrambled paneer and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Switch off the flame and add in the chopped nuts. Allow the kheer to cool down completely. Peel the orange and remove all the white portion from it.
- Add the orange into the kheer.
- Orange Paneer Payasam tastes best when served chill.