Puttu / Steamed cakes are a popular breakfast in Kerala. PalaPazha Puttu / Jackfruit Rice Steamed cake is a variation in Puttu. I have prepared puttu in red rice, coconut and Jackfruit. It is then steamed. Delicious and flavourful breakfast. Checkout other Puttu / Steamed Cake recipes here.
PalaPazha Puttu / Jackfruice Rice Steamed cake
PalaPazha Puttu / Jackfruice Rice Steamed cake is flavourful and delicious cake.
- ½ Cup Red Rice Flour
- 5 Jackfruit arils Deeseeded and chopped
- Salt to taste
- Water for sprinkling
- 4 Tablespoon Coconut Grated
- Add salt in red rice puttu flour and mix them gently. Sprinkle water and mix them. It must have bread crumbs like consistency.
- Deseed and chope jackfruits.
- Take the puttu mold. Layer first with coconut. Then with Red rice flour. then with chopped jackfruit. Finally with grated coconut.
- Steam them for atleast 7 minutes. When done then remove and invert in a serving plate and serve them with boiled green gram and jaggery powder.
Step by Step Photos on how to make PalaPazha Puttu / Jackfruit Rice Steamed cake
- Add in salt to taste in red rice flour and mix it. Sprinkle water in red rice flour and mix them gently. They must look like break crumbs. Take the puttu mold. Add in a layer of coconut. Add in the red rice flour.
- Layer with chopped Jackfruit. Finally add in some coconut. Steam them for 7 minutes in the puttu mold.
- When done invert them in a serving plate and serve with boiled moong dal and jaggery powder.
- Healthy and flavoural breakfast is now ready to serve.