JackFruit Moong Dal Payasam / PalaPazham Paruppu Payasam is a flavourful kheer.
- 1/3 Cup Moong Dal
- 7 medium Jackfruit Arils
- 1/2 Cup Jaggery Crushed
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/3 Cup Grated Coconut
- 15 Almonds
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 3 Tablespoon Rice
- 5 Medium Jackfruit Arils
- 2 Tablespoon Ghee
- 10 Cashews
Cook Moong dal with water until it is cooked soft.
Soak Rice and almond in water for 30 minutes.
Add in rice, almond and coconut into a blender and blend them into a smooth paste.
Heat ghee in a wok and roast the cashews until they start browning.
Remove the cashews from ghee and set them aside.
Add in the white paste into the same ghee and saute them.
Add in the cooked moong dal and jaggey and cook until the jaggery melts completely.
When the Kheer starts thickening add in the chopped jackfruit Arils.
Cook for few minutes and switch off the flame.
Garnish with cashews and serve them.
- Moong dal can also be pressure cooked for 3 whistles and used in payasam.
Step by Step Photos on how to make JackFruit Moong Dal Payasam / PalaPazham Paruppu Payasam
- Cook moong dal until the moong dal is cooked soft. Soak rice in water for 30 minutes. Soak almond and rice in water After 30 minutes. Drain water and add rice almond and coconut into a blender and blend them into a smooth paste with limited water.
- Add in the jackfruit arils and blend them until they are blended smooth. Heat ghee in a wok. Add in cashews and start sauting.
- When the cashews change in color remove them from ghee and set them aside. Add in the blended paste and saute for few minutes. Add water if it get too dry.
- Add in cooked moong dal and gently stir them. Add in the jaggery chunks.
- Cook until the jaggery melts. When the mixture starts thickening add in the chopped jackfruit chunks.Cook for few minutes.
- Finally garnish with cashews and serve them.