Palakottai Poricha Kuzhambu / Jackfruit Seed Dal Curry is a filling and nutritious Semi gravy type recipe. Jackfruit seeds and Brinjal are added into this recipe. Sambar powder in the main masala that brings in taste to the recipe. Cooked toor dal adds in texture to the gravy. It can be served either with rice or rotis.
Palakottai Poricha Kuzhambu / Jackfruit Seed Dal Curry
Palakottai Poricha Kuzhambu / Jackfruit Seed Dal Curry is a filling side dish to be served with rice or rotis.
Course: Main Course
To pressure cook Dal
- 1/4 Cup Toor Dal
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 10 Jackfruit Seeds
- 2 Brinjal
- 2 Tablespoon Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Mustard
- 1/2 Teaspoon Urad Dal
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 7 Shallots
- 1 Big Tomato
- Curry Leaves Fistful
- 1 Teaspoon Chilli powder
- 1 Teaspoon Sambar Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- Salt To Taste
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/3 Cup Coconut Grated
- While cooking jackfruit seeds make sure not to overcook or it would get mashed and would spoil the texture of the gravy.
Step by Step Photos on how to make Palakottai Poricha Kuzhambu / Jackfruit Seed Dal Curry
- Dry roast the jackfruit seeds for few minutes. Cool them down. Remove the outer white skin. Add them into a pressure cooker with required water.
- Pressure cook for 3 whistles. Switch off the flame and allow the pressure to release on its own. Open the pressure cooker and drain. Set it aside. Heat oil in a wok and add in mustard, urad dal and cumin seeds.
- Add in asafoetida powder. Allow the mustard to splutter. Add in chopped onion and saute until glossy. Add in chopped tomatoes.
- Add in salt to taste. Saute until the tomatoes are cooked mushy. Add in curry Leaves and saute them.
- Add in chopped brinjal and saute until the brinjal is cooked well. Add in cooked jackfruit seeds and saute for few miutes.
- Add in the cooked dal mixture.
- Add in Salt to taste. Add in Chilli powder, Turmeric Powder, sambar powder and Coriander Powder and cook until the masalas blend well. Blend coconut into a smooth paste and add it in.
- Cook until all the masalas blend well. Palakottai Poricha Kuzhambu / Jackfruit Seed Dal Curry is now ready to serve.
(Visited 368 times, 1 visits today)