Pomegranate Sago Gulaman / Pomegranate Sago Jelly dessert is a Filipino dessert. It tastes best when it is served chill. It is Generally made with Mango fruit. I made a slight twist and made it with Pomegranate. Gulaman generally has Jelly chunks and/or sago and fruit chunks. This a simply delicious dessert.
Pomegranate Sago Gulaman / Pomegranate Sago Jelly dessert is a dessert made of Jelly , Fruits and or sago
- 3 Medium Pomegranate for juice
- Pink food Color a pinch
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 2 Tablespoon Jelly Powder
- 1/4 Cup Sago
- 1.5 Cup Milk
- 1/4 Cup Condensed Milk
- 1/4 Cup Pomegranate Seeds
Take the seeds from the Pomegranate. Add them into a blender and blend them into a smooth paste.
Pass the juice through a colander strain the juice and discard the waste.
Add in sugar and stir until the sugar dissolves.
Add the juice into a sauce pan and start heating. Add in the jelly powder and mix gently. Bring the mixture to boil.
Switch off and cool for 2 minutes.
Pour into a mold and leave it in refrigerator for 2 hours for setting.
Take it out. Using a knife and release the edges. Invert into a plate.
Slice the jelly and chop small pieces. Set it aside.
Bring water to boil. Add in sago.
Cook until the sago is cooked soft. Switch off the flame.
Drain the excess water. Set it aside.
Take a mixing bowl. Fill it with Boiled and cooled milk.
Add in Condensed milk, Cooked Sago, Jelly and condensed milk. Mix them gently
- you can increase/decrease the sweetness as per your taste preferences. I have kept it moderate.
Step by step photos on how to make Pomegranate Sago Gulaman / Pomegranate Sago Jelly dessert:
- Remove the seeds from pomegranate. Add it into a blender and blend them into a smooth paste.
2. Strain the juice in a colander
3. Extract the Juice and discard the waste.
4. Add in Pink food color and mix it to get nice pinkish color. This step is completely optional.
5. Add in Sugar. Stir until the sugar dissolves completely.
6. Add the juice into the sauce pan and start heating in low flame. Add in Jelly powder.
7. Mix under the powder is dissolved. Bring it to boil and switch off the flame. Cool down for few minutes.
8. Pour the Pomegranate mixture into the Mould. Leave it in refridgerator for 2 hours.
9. When it is set take out of refrigerator. Release the edges with a knife. Invert in a plate.
10. Chop into smaller pieces. Set it aside.
11. Heat water in a wok and bring it to boil. Add in Sago. Cook until sago gets soft.
12. Drain the excess water. Set the sago aside.
13. Take boiled and chilled milk in a mixing bowl. Add in Condensed milk and mix them.
14. Add in the Pomegranate jelly and the pomegranate seeds.
15. Add in sago and ice cubes. Mix gently.
Delicious dessert is now ready to serve.