Potato Halwa is a delicious dessert. I first tasted this halwa in my friends home and i liked it. Was thinking about making it at home and finally it is here. Potato halwa is prepared by boiling potatoes and mashing them first. It is then sauted in ghee. Then milk is added. It is then cooked well until they blend well each other. Finally garnished with nuts. Delicious potato halwa is ready. Here goes the recipe...
|Prep time: 10 Min||| Cook time: 30 Min||| Total time: 40 Min|
|Recipe type: Sweet||| Cuisine: Indian||| Yield / Serves: 2|
Potatoes – 3 Small
Ghee – ¼ Cup
Sugar – ¼ Cup
Cardamom Powder – ½ Teaspoon
Milk – 1.5 Cup
Step by Step Photos on how to make Potato Halwa:
- Pressure cook the potatoes with water until soft. I pressure cooked for 3 whistles. Cool them. Peel them.Mash them. Heat ghee in a heavy bottom pan.
- Add in the mashed potato and keep sauting. The ghee disappears into the potatoes. Now add in the milk. Start cooking in low flame.
- Keep stirring so that the bottom of the vessel does not burn. Once the halwa starts thickening add in the sugar. Now the sugar melts and gets little watery consistency.
- Add Cardamom powder. Keep stirring until this mixture reaches the halwa consistency. The halwa comes to the center of the vessel without sticking to the sides of the vessel. Garnish with nuts of your choice.
- Cook this recipe in low flame or it might burn.
- Cardamom powder can be substituted with Vanilla extract.
- You can garnish with any nuts and dry fruits of your choice.
Potato halwa can be served as an after meal dessert..
Leave a Reply