Poori / Puri and Potato masala are always a go together combination. Poori masala recipe is a tasty indian side dish made with Potatoes. This is one sidedish i make with Pooris everytime. I love this masala with poori. This is moms special recipe. The Coconut and Fennel Seeds added are the key ingredients that brings in the awesome flavor and taste to this Potato masala. Here goes the Recipe...
[Poori , Poori, Poori Masala , Potato Masala]
Potato Masala Recipe
|Prep time: 10 Min|||Cook time: 30 min||| Total time: 40 min|
|Recipe type: Main Course||| Cuisine: Indian||| Yield / Serves: 3|
Potato - 3 small
Coconut - ½ Cup
Fennel seeds - 2 teaspoon
Oil - 1 tablepoon
Green Chillies - 2
Onion - 1
Curry leaves - a spring
Turmeric Powder - ¼ Teaspoon
Water - ½ Cup
Salt - to Taste
Step by Step Photos on how to make Potato Masala:
- Boil Potatos. Pressure Cook for 3 whistles. I prefer to cook in hot water as I feel the nutrients in the vegetable are lost in pressure cooking.
- Stop cooking the potatoes when the cracks starts appearing in the potatoes.
- Peel Potatos and chop them roughly.
- Add Oil in a pan and heat it. Add Mustard and allow it to splutter. Add Onion and Curry Leaves. Cook until the onion becomes glossy.
- Add the mashed potatoes and roast for 3 minutes.
- Grind Coconut, Fennel Seeds and Green Chillies and grind it into a paste.
- Add the ground paste into the Pan. Add Turmeric Powder. Add Salt to taste. Add Water. Cook for 10 minutes in low flame or until the gravy cooks well.
- Potato Masala is ready to serve with pooris
Serve hot with potato masala with Poori, Chapathi, Rotis or Dosa.