Quinoa Choco Chip Cookies are delicious and healthy snack or dessert.
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 3/4 Cup Butter
- 1/2 Cup Cooked Quinoa
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 Tablespoon Milk Optional
- 1/3 Cup Choco Chip Cookies
In a Mixing Bowl add in Baking Powder, Baking Soda and whole wheat flour and sift them for 3 times. This helps in removing any lumps and mixing the contents.
Add in cooked quinoa into this mixture and gently mix them until they are combined.
In another mixing bowl add in Brown sugar and butter. Using a hand mixer blend them until they get a creamy consistency.
Now add the butter mixture into the flour mixture and knead them with your palm to get a smooth dough.
If the mixture is very dry only then add a few tablespoons of milk.
Add in ChocoChips and knead them gently.
Preaheat the Oven to 180 Deg C for 10 minutes
Grease the baking tray with Butter and place a parchment paper over it. Grease the paper agian with butter.
Make small balls out of the Kneaded dough and flatten them in your palm so that they get a cookie shape.
Arrange them in the Baking tray. Place them inside the oven. Bake at 180 Deg C for 30 minutes.
Once done remove them from the oven and leave them in the kitchen counter until they cool down.
Delicious and Healthy Cookies are now ready to serve.
- The Number cookies completely depends upon the size made.
- The Baking time differs from oven to oven read the user manual carefully before you start baking.
- The baking time compleletely depends on the size of the cookies made.
- When the cookies are still hot they are soft but as they get down to the room temperture they get harder.
- While kneading if the dough is very dry then add in a few tablespoons of milk.
Step by Step Photos on how to make Quinoa Choco Chip Cookies
- Add in Baking Soda, Baking Powder and Whole Wheat Flour. Sieve this mixture 2 or 3 times in order to remove any lumps and to mix them.
- Add in cooked Quinoa into the dry flour mixture and mix them gently. They get a texture similar to the bread Crumbs due to the moisture in the cooked Quinoa.
- Now in another Mixing Bowl add in Butter and Brown sugar. Blend them with your hand blender so that they are combined and get a nice creamy texture.
- Add the butter mixture into the dry flour mixture and knead them with your palm very gently.
- Add in choco chips and knead them again so that the choco chips are combined well. Grease the baking tray and get them ready. Make small balls from the kneaded dough and flatten them. Arrange them in the baking tray.
- Preheat the Oven to 180 Deg c for 10 minutes. Place the baking tray with cookies in the oven. Bake them for 30 minutes in 180 Deg C. After 30 minutes take them out of the oven.
- Hearty and Delightful cookies are now ready to serve.