Quinoa Kichadi is a simple and easy Kichadi. It is a great option for weight watchers. Its so delicious and Filling. Quinoa is Combined with Moong Dal and these are the main ingredients in this recipe. Moong dal adds nice taste to the recipe. This option is a best option for dinner if you are trying to loose weight. This Kichadi can be served with raitha or any crispy side dish like Potato Chips.
- ½ Cup Quinoa
- ½ Cup Moong Dal
- 4 Cup Water
- 1 Tablespoon Ghee
- 2 Dry Red Chillis
- 2 Spring Curry Leaves
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- ¼ Teaspoon Asafoetida Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 2 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- ⅓ Cup Carrot Grated
- Coriander Leaves Fistful
- 2 Green Chilli
- Salt to Taste
- Wash the Quinoa and Moong dal very well. Soak Quinoa and Moong Dal in water for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes drain the excess water and keep them aside.
- Heat Ghee in a Pressure cooker and add in Cumin Seeds and allow them to splutter.
- Add in Dry red chilli as saute them.
- Add in Curry Leaves and saute them.
- Now add in the quiona and Moong dal and saite for a minute.
- Add in asafoetida powder and Turmeric Powder. Add in salt to taste.
- Add in water and mix them gently. Bring it to boil.
- Close the pressure cooker. Pressure cook for 3 whistles in medium flame. Switch off the flame and allow the pressure to release on its own.
- Open the pressure cooker. Mix the contents gently.
- Add in the Grated Carrot, Chopped Green Chilli, Chopped Coriander Leaves. and Lemon Juice.
- Mix them gently.
- Now the Quinoa Kichadi is now ready to serve.
- Wash the quinoa well or it gives bitter taste to the dish.
Step by step photos on how to make Quinoa Kichadi:
- Wash the moong dal and quinoa well. Soak Moong dal and Quinoa in water for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes drain the excess water and set them aside.
2. In a pressure cooker add in ghee and let it melt. Add in cumin Seeds and allow them to splutter. Add in the dry red chillis and saute them.
3. Add in Curry Leaves. Add in the Moong Dal and Quinoa.
4. Saute for about a minute. Add in asafoetida powder and Turmeric powder.
5. Add in salt to taste and water. Mix them gently and bring it to boil.
6. Close the pressure cooker and pressure cook for 3 whistles in medium flame. Switch off the flame and allow the pressure to release on its own. Open the Pressure cooker. Add in Grated Carrot.
7. Add in Green Chillis and Coriander Leaves.
8. Add in Lemon Juice and Salt to tase. Mix them all gently.
Quinoa Kichadi is now ready to serve.