Sardines Crisp Fry
Recipe type: Starter | Cuisine: Indian | Yield / Serves: 10
Taste: Spicy and Salty
Sardines - 10
Oil- For Deep Frying
Curry Leaves - 2 tablespoon
Garlic - 8 cloves
Cumin Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Salt - to taste
Chilli Powder - 1 teaspoon
Vinegar / Lemon Juice - 1 teaspoon
Rice Flour - as required for coating
Turmeric Powder - ½ teaspoon
Step by Step Photos on how to make Sardines Crisp Fry:
- Wash and clean the sardines. I have removed the head and tail of the sardines. Add Curry leaves, Garlic and Cumin seeds with required water. Add in chilli powder, turmeric powder, Lemon Juice and salt to taste. Mix them into a paste.
- Marinate the sardines in the paste. Set it aside atleast 30 minutes. After 30 minutes coat the marinated fish in rice flour.
- Heat oil in a pan. Deep fry the fish on both sides.
- Place them in a paper towel so that the excess oil is absorbed.
- Crispy and Spicy Starters are now ready to serve.
- Coating in Rice Flour is to make the Sardines Crispy.
- Add only limited water. Do not make the paste watery.