Ulundhu Kanji / Black Gram Porridge is one of the healthiest porridges. It is also called as Urad Dal Porridge. It is a very good breakfast option. Black gram is rich in protein and many other nutrients. It is very good for women’s health. It is said to strengthen bones. The Urad dal Porridge is prepared by cooking rice with urad dal, moong dal , garlic and fenugreek seeds. Finally garnished with grated coconut. Serve them with any spicy chutney. Checkout other Porridge recipes here.
Ulundhu Kanji / Black Gram Porridge
Ulundhu Kanji / Black Gram Porridge is a healthy breakfast option.
- 1/2 Cup Rice
- 1/4 Cup Urad Dal / Black Gram
- 1/4 Cup Moong Dal / Green Gram
- 1/2 Teaspoon Fenugreek Seeds
- Salt To Taste
- 6 Pods Garlic
- 5 Cups Water
Add any one of these
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Milk
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 3 Tablespoon Coconut Grated
- Adding moong dal is completely optional.
Step by Step Photos on how to make Ulundhu Kanji / Black Gram Porridge
- Add in moong dal and Urad dal and dry roast them in low flame for few minutes. Switch off the flame. Add in the rice.
- Wash them well. Add in water. Add in fenugreek seeds and salt to taste.
- Add in garlic. Close the pressure cooker and pressure cook for 4 whistles. Switch off the flame and allow the pressure cooker to release pressure on its own.
- Open the pressure cooker and heat them again. Add in water if the mixture is dry. Add in grated coconut. Cook until the coconut blends well. Switch off the flame.
- Serve them hot.
(Visited 608 times, 1 visits today)