Cabbage and Egg are a Very good while combined and cooked together. Cabbage is a low calorie vegetable and nutritious vegetable. Egg is rich in protein. Cabbage and Egg combined together forms a very good side dish for rice, Chapatti etc. A Smart way to make kids eat cabbage. My little ones favourite recipe. Cabbage Egg Stir Fry / Muttai Muttaikose Poriyal is the recipe recipe is one I pack for her in lunch box frequently and she loves it. Here goes the recipe….
Cabbage Egg Stir Fry goes very well with steamed rice sambar and rasam. As an alternate this also goes very well with Chapatti.
Step by step photos on how to make Cabbage Egg Stir Fry / Muttai Muttaikose Poriyal:
- Heat oil in a wok. Add in Mustard and cumin. Allow them to splutter. Add in onion.
2. Add in chopped green Chillis. Add in Curry Leaves. Add in grated Ginger. Saute them.
3. Add in Chopped Cabbage. Saute them.
4. Add in turmeric powder and salt to taste. Saute until the cabbage is cooked well.
5. Add in Eggs. Saute until the eggs are cooked completely.
- Chopping Cabbage is a Messy job. A Smart way to escape is to grate the cabbage or use a blender to chop it.
- Raw eggs can be added into the cabbage directly at the final step instead of scrambling separately and adding them.
- If raw eggs are added in the final step and then scrambled it leaves a strong eggy flavour to the dish.