Cabbage Egg Stir Fry
|Prep time: 10 Min||| Cook time: 20min||| Total time:30 Min|
|Recipe type: Side Dish||| Cuisine: Indian||| Yield / Serves: 2|
|Taste: Mildly Spicy|
Eggs – 2
Cabbage – 1 cup grated
Oil – 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon for scrambling eggs
Mustard – 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves – few
Onion – 1
Turmeric Powder – 1 teaspoon
Green Chillis – 1
Salt to Taste
Step by Step Photos on how to make Cabbage Egg Stir Fry :
- Heat oil in a pan. Add 2 eggs and salt to taste, keep stirring it until the eggs are scrambled.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Add mustard and allow to splutter. Add onion and saute it until glossy. Add Curry leaves and green chillies and saute it. Add grated Cabbage and saute it.
- Keep sauting it until the cabbage gets cooked. Sprinkle 1 or 2 table spoon of water while sauting if the vegetable is very dry. Add turmeric powder and saute it until the raw smell leaves.
- Add the scrambled egg into the Cabbage and mix it. Switch off the flame and keep the cooking pan closed for 10 minutes before serving. Cabbage Egg stir fry is now ready to eat.
- Chopping Cabbage is a Messy job. A Smart way to escape is to grate the cabbage or use a blender to chop it.
- Raw eggs can be added into the cabbage directly at the final step instead of scrambling separately and adding them.
- If raw eggs are added in the final step and then scrambled it leaves a strong eggy flavour to the dish.
Cabbage Egg Stir Fry goes very well with steamed rice sambar and rasam. As an alternate this also goes very well with Chapatti.