Carrot and Banana Cake is a quick and easy recipe which gives light, soft and moist cake. Its a delicious way to use those over ripe bananas from the fruit bowl. Sweet, ripe bananas are the key to making a great banana cake. Mashed bananas added within the mix gives an extra moist spongy cake and carrots for a special finish. It was exceptionally moist and delicious… It is full of flavor and will melt in your mouth, without being mushy. The aroma of vanilla and bananas would fill your kitchen, tempting you to taste the cake immediately. Dont give in… Here goes the recipe…
The banana cake can be served plain as it is. Perfect with a strong cup of tea. you can also serve the cake slices with some whipped cream or butter cream icing or a chocolate icing. Can be served as a Sweet dessert snack.
Ingredients – Carrot and Banana Cake Recipe
Prep time: 30 Min | Cook time: 30 Min | Serves:Yeilds a Loaf
All Purpose Flour – 1Cup
Butter – 1/4 cup
Vegetable oil – 1/4 cup
Yogurt – 1/2 cup
Powdered Sugar – 3/4 Cup
Brown Sugar – 1/4 cup
Vanilla Extract -1 tsp
Cinnamon Powder – 1 tsp
Cloves Powder – 3/4 tsp
Baking Soda – 1/2 tsp
Baking Powder – 1/2 tsp
Banana – 1 Medium
Carrot Grated – 1/2 Cup
- Mash banana into a paste.
- Add all the wet ingredients together. Add Butter and Mix with banana paste. Add Oil and mix them. Add beaten curd and mix them. Add Vanilla Extract. Add Grated carrot and Mix slowly and really well. Add the Brown Sugar and Mix them until the sugar dissolves.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together and Mix well. Sieve Maida, Powdered Sugar, Cinnamon Powder, Clove Powder, Baking Powder, Baking Soda and Mix them together.
- Mix Dry ingredients and the wet ingredients and mix them slowly and really well.
- Grease the Cake tin with butter and then dust it with all purpose flour so that the cake does not stick to it. Pour the mixture into the cake tin and tap it so that the mixture gets into all corners.
- Add any choice of nuts and dry fruits as topping on the cake.
- Preheat the Microwave to 180 degrees. Bake the cake for 30 mins at 180 degrees.
- Carrot Banana Cake is now ready.
- Cool the cake Completely before slicing.
- The cake tastes better the next day.
- The Banana used must be ripe.
- Can be stored in an air tight container for two days or refrigerate it for a week.
- Walnut goes very well with this recipe either as a topping or mixed with the cake batter. any choice of nuts and dry fruits can be added.
- Preheating is mandatory for a perfect baked cake.
- The Baking time differs between different microwaves. Read and understand your user manual before baking your cake.
Perfect with a strong cup of tea. I am sure you would be tempeted to go for more than one slice……
[Cakes and Bakes, Cakes, Carrot Cake, Banana Cake, Carrot and Banana Cake]