Fish fry is a Basic and easy recipe. This is a very common recipe in my home. Fish fry is a yummy starter or can be served as a side dish along with steamed rice/roti and Fish curry. Will share this fish curry recipe soon. I have used Sheer fish (Vanjiram meen) for this recipe. Any fish variety can be substituted for sheer fish. The Marination is the key factor that brings in taste to the fish. Do give a try and fall for this flavourful and aromatic fish fry. Here Goes the recipe…
|Marination time: 30 Mins||| Cook time: 10 min||| Total time:40 Min|
|Recipe type: Side Dish/Starter||| Cuisine: Indian||| Yield / Serves: 4|
Step by Step Photos on how to make Fish Fry:
- Mix Lemon Juice, Chilli Powder, Coriander Powder, Jeera Powder and Salt in to a Paste. If required add few drops of water. Add the Fish pieces into this mixture. Apply the paste on both sides of the fish.
- Leave the fish in the refrigerator for atleast 30 mins.
- Heat a Frying pan. Add 2 tablespoon of oil. Place the Fish pieces on it. I have a dedicated iron skillet for this purpose. Shallow fry the fish streaks on both sides for 3 minutes.
Drain the fried fish on a paper towel and serve hot.
- The more time the fish is left for marinaide its tastes better.
- Slice the fish into thin slices so that it cooks evenly.
Fish fry can be served as a starter. Fish fry can also be served as a side dish alongside fish curry and steamed rice/roti.