|Marination time: 30 Mins||| Cook time: 10 min||| Total time:40 Min|
|Recipe type: Side Dish/Starter||| Cuisine: Indian||| Yield / Serves: 4|
Fish streaks – 4
Lemon juice – squeezed from half lemon
Chilli Powder – 1 teaspoon
Coriander Powder – 1 teaspoon
Jeera Powder – 1 teaspoon
Oil – For Frying
Salt to Taste
Step by Step Photos on how to make Fish Fry:
- Mix Lemon Juice, Chilli Powder, Coriander Powder, Jeera Powder and Salt in to a Paste. If required add few drops of water. Add the Fish pieces into this mixture. Apply the paste on both sides of the fish.
- Leave the fish in the refrigerator for atleast 30 mins.
- Heat a Frying pan. Add 2 tablespoon of oil. Place the Fish pieces on it. I have a dedicated iron skillet for this purpose. Shallow fry the fish streaks on both sides for 3 minutes.
- Drain the fried fish on a paper towel and serve hot.
- The more time the fish is left for marinaide its tastes better.
- Slice the fish into thin slices so that it cooks evenly.
Fish fry can be served as a starter. Fish fry can also be served as a side dish alongside fish curry and steamed rice/roti.