Mini Egg Pancakes / Muttai Paniyaram is a Yummy and healthy Snack.
- 3/4 Cup Thick Idli/dosa batter
- 2 Eggs
- Salt to taste
- Oil as required for greasing
- 1/2 Inch Ginger grated
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Mustard
- 1/2 Teaspoon Split Urad Dal
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 1/4 Teaspoon Asafoetida powder
- 1 Green Chilli Chopped
- 2 Spring Curry Leaves
Take idli/dosa batter in a bowl. Add in eggs and whisk them well.
Heat oil in a wok. Add in mustard, cumin seeds, split urad dal and saute until they splutter. Add in chopped green chillis, curry leaves and saute for 1 minute.
Switch off the flame and add them above the egg mixture.
Add in ginger and salt to taste and mix them gently.
Heat the paniyaram/Mini pancake pan. Grease them with generous oil.
Spoon the egg batter. Close them and allow them to cook.
Turn sides and allow them to cook.
Once done remove them and serve them hot with coconut chutney.
- If your batter is not watery adjust the consistency accordingly.
Step by Step Photos on how to make Mini Egg Pancakes / Muttai Paniyaram
- Take the dosa batter in a bowl. Add in the eggs and whisk them.
- For Tampering: Heat oil in a wok. Add in Mustard, Urad Dal and Cumin Seeds and allow them to splutter. Add in Asafoetida powder, Green chillis and curry leaves. Saute for few minutes and switch off the flame.
- Add in ginger garlic paste and the tampering mixture. Mix them gently.
- Heat the paniyaram/Mini pancake pan. Grease them with generous oil. Spoon in the batter. Close them and cook them.
- When one side is cooked completely turn sides using a spoon or fork. Allow them to cook completely. Remove them from the pan.
- Serve hot paniyaram as an evening snack. Yummy.