Peanut Kheer / Verkadalai Payasam is an instant and handy dessert.
- 1/2 Cup Moong Dal
- 1/2 Cup Peanuts
- 1/3 Cup Jaggery Powdered
- 1/4 Teaspoon Elaichi
- Required Water
- 2 Tablespoon Ghee
- 10 Cashews
Dry Roast Peanuts and allow them to cool down.
Take moong dal in a pressure cooker and pressure cook with enough water for 3 whistles in medium flame.
Allow the pressure cooker to release pressure on its own. Open the pressure cooker and mash the dal. If required add sufficient water to mash them into a thick paste.
Mash the roasted peanuts with finger so that the outer skin peels off from the. Remove the skin and discard them.
Grind the peeled peanuts in a blender with required water into a smooth paste.
Heat the mashed moong dal. Add in the groundnut paste.
Heat powdered jaggery with required water. Heat until it dissolves.
Add in the jaggery syrup into the dal mixture. Add in the cardamom powder. Cook until they blend well.
Heat ghee in a pan. Add in the cashews and roast them.
Add the ghee and cashews into the payasam mixture. Cook for 2 minutes and switch off.
Delicious and creamy payasam is now ready to serve.
- Do not add excess water. Add only limited water whereever required.
- This payasam is neither too thick nor too watery so adjust the water consistency accordingly.
Step by Step Photos on how to make Peanut Kheer / Verkadalai Payasam
- Dry roast peanuts. Allow them to cool down. Mash them with your finger so that the outer skin is removed. Remove the skin and discard them.
- Pressure cook moong dal with required water for 3 whistles in medium flame. Allow the pressure cooker to release pressure on its own.
- Open the pressure cooker and mash the dal. Add water only of required. Blend the peanuts into a smooth paste with required water. Add the peanut paste into the moong dal mixture.
- Add 1/2 Cup water into the jaggery. Heat until the jaggery dissolves and strain it for any imppurities. Add them into the dal mixture. cook for few minutes until they blend well.
- Heat ghee in a pan. Add in cashews and roast them. Add into the payasam.
- Delicious and creamy payasam is now ready to serve.