Semiya Payasam is a Any time delight.
- 1/2 Cup Roasted Vermicelli / Sooji
- 1.5 Cups Milk
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Ghee
- 2 Cardamom Crushed
- 10 Cashews
Heat ghee in a Pan. Roast the cashews until golden brown. Once done take away the cashews from the pan and set them aside.
In the same pan add in the Semiya and roast them for few mins. Add in milk, Cardamom and cook them until the semiya is cooked well.
Add in sugar to taste. Give a quick stir and switch off the flame. Add in the roasted cashews
- Condensed milk can be added which gives a different taste to the kheer.
- Any choice of nuts and dry fruits can be roasted in ghee and added into the payasam.
- Using roased vermicelli gives good taste to the payasam.
- Cardamom can be replaced with Vanilla Extract or rose water.
Step by Step Photos on how to make Semiya Payasam / Vermicelli Kheer
- Heat ghee in a pan. Add in cashews and roast them until golden brown. Remove them and set them aside.
- In the same ghee addd in the vermicelli and roast them for few mins. Add in the milk and cardamom and cook until the vermicelli is cooked well.
- Add in sugar to taste and give a quick stir.
- Delicious and creamy Semiya Payasam is now ready to serve.