Vermicelli Mince Meat Briyani / Sevai Keema Briyani is a yummy and filling biryani
- 2 Cups Vermicelli / Sevai/ Semiya
- Water as required
- salt as required
- 3/4 Cup Mince Meat / Kheema
- 1 Carrot Big
- 1 Potato Big
- 1 Onion
- 1 Tomato
- Coriander Leaves Fistful
- Mint Leaves Fistful
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 Tablespoon Garam Masala Powder
- 3 Tablespoon Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Fennel Seeds
- 4 Cardamom
- 2 Cloves
- 1/2 inch Cinnamon
- 1 Bay Lef
- Do not overcook teh green peas the skin would peel.
- Mutton Kheema is best suited for this recipe. Since i could not get them i have chopped mutton into smaller pieces and added into the dish.
- If pressure cooking mutton kheema pressure cook for 3 whistles in low flame or until the mutton is cooked soft.
- Do not overcook the mutton or it would dissolve into the dish.
- I have used BamBino roasted Vermicelli. If Vermicelli is not roasted, dry roast it for 3- 5 mins.
Step by Step Photos on how to make Vermicelli Mince Meat Briyani / Sevai Keema Briyani
For Soaking Green Peas :
Soak green Peas overnight. Pressure cook them.
For Pressure Cooking Mutton :
Pressure cook Mutton for 6 whistles in medium flame with enough water, turmeric powder and salt. Set them aside.
- Heat water in a sauce pan. When the water is hot enough add in salt to taste. Add in vermicelli.
- Cook until the vermicelli is cooked soft. Switch off the flame. Drain the excess water and set them aside. Heat oil in another wok.
- Add in all the ingredients mentioned under to tamper section and saute until nice aroma comes out. Add in chopped onion and saute until glossy. Add in tomatoes and ginger garlic paste and saute until mushy.
- Add in the vegetables and the green peas. Cook until the chopped vegetables are cooked well.
- Add in the cooked mutton or mutton kheema. Add in garam masala powder. Give a quick stir. Sprinkle water if the mixture is very dry. Close and cook until the veggies are cooked and the masalas blend well.
- Add in the cooked semiya/ vermicelli. Sprinkle chopped coriander and mint leaves. Give a gentle stir.
Cook for few more minutes until the mixture blends well. Yummy biryani is now ready to serve.
- Serve Biryani with Onion Raitha or any raitha.