Amritsari Fish / Fish Bajji / Fish Pakoda is a famous street food from the city of Amristar. It is even available in many restaurants and as a street food in many cities all over india. Any boneless fish can be used for this recipe. The flesh of fish is soaked in spices and gram flour and then deep fried. Finally before serving it is seasoned with chat masala or rock salt.
Amritsari Fish / Fish Bajji / Fish Pakoda
Amritsari fish is favourite starter
Servings: 2 People
- 12 Pieces Fish
- 2 Teaspoon Chilli Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- Required Oil
- Required Salt
- 3 Tablespoon Gram Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Rice Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Corn Flour
- 3 Tablespoon Thick Curd
- 1 Teaspoon Ajwain Seeds
- Add in all the ingredients except oil and mix them gently. Leave them for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a wok. Add in the fish pieces one by one and deep fry them.
- After they are fried golden brown. Remove them from oil and place them on an absorbant paper. So that it absorbs the excess oil
- Serve them hot.
Step by Step Photos on how to make Amritsari Fish / Fish Bajji / Fish Pakoda
- Clean the fish. Remove the skin and bones if any.
- Add in salt to taste, Ajwain seeds.
- Add in chilli powder and turmeric powder.
- Add in Gram Flour and Rice flour.
- Add in Corn flour and thick curd.
- Mix them gently and leave it for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a frying pan for deep frying.
- Do not crowd the fish pieces in oil as it might stick to each other.
- Deep fry until it browns. Remove them from oil and place them in an absorbant paper. So that the excess oil is removed.
- Serve them hot.
Sharmila - The Happie Friends Potpourri Corner says
Just yummy .. Can have it all the day!! Super tempting pics 🙂
Priya Suresh says
Dangerously addictive fish pakodas, i can sit and eat a plate of this incredible beauties. Just love the addition of ajwain seeds in this pakodas.
Srividhya Gopalakrishnan says
Adding carom seeds to pakoras awesome. Will try adding it to veggie ones. Love the clicks.
Gayathri Kumar says
What a vibrant colourful plate. Must have tasted amazing.
Srivalli Jetti says
The presentation is fantastic and so very attractive..good one..
Looks amazing.. and tasty too.
I love that deep red colour of the bhajji. Looks so beautiful 😍
Mayuri Patel says
I love the colour of the bhajji. Can you make this with any kind of fish?
ruchi indu says
Drooling... Mouth watering... I need those fish fries right now... Beautifully presented.