Kodi Vepudu is a very popular Andhra style Chicken roast. It is a spicy recipe. Kodi means Chicken and Vepudu means roast. The Chicken is marinated in spices and roasted with curry leaves and cashew paste/powder. The addition of cashew paste adds to the richness and taste of the chicken. This can be served as a starter or as a side dish with roti. It can even be served with steamed rice and Rasam or any Chicken Gravy recipes. Here goes the recipe…
Andhra Style Chicken Roast / Kodi Vepudu
- 500 Grams Chicken
- 1.5 Tablespoon Ghee
- 12 Cashews
- 1 Onion Sliced
- Curry Leaves Fistful
- 2 Green Chilli
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- 2 Teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1 Teaspoon Chilli Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Coriander Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- Salt To Taste
- Coriander Leaves Fistful
Step by Step photos on how to make Andhra Style Chicken Roast / Kodi Vepudu:
- Heat Ghee in a wok, Add in Cashews and roast them golden brown.
2. Remove the cashews from the ghee and set it aside. Add Sliced onion into the same ghee and start sauting them.
3. Add in curry leaves and green chilli. Saute until onion is sauted glossy.
4. Add Ginger Garlic Paste and saute them.
5. Wash and clean the chicken. Add it into the onion. Add turmerinc powder.
6. Add salt to taste. Saute the chicken until the chicken is cooked well.
7. Add in Chilli Powder, Garam Masala Powder and Coriander Powder. Mix them gently. Cook until the masalas blend well.
8. Add in cashews and give a quick mix.
9. Add in coriander Leaves and mix them.
Flavorful kodi vepudu is now ready to serve.