Kodi Vepudu is a very popular Andhra style Chicken roast. It is a spicy recipe. Kodi means Chicken and Vepudu means roast. The Chicken is marinated in spices and roasted with curry leaves and cashew paste/powder. The addition of cashew paste adds to the richness and taste of the chicken. This can be served as a starter or as a side dish with roti. It can even be served with steamed rice and Rasam or any Chicken Gravy recipes. Here goes the recipe…
Andhra Style Chicken Roast / Kodi Vepudu is a flavourful appetizer.
- 200 Grams Chicken
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 Onion
- 1 Tablespoon Ghee
- 2 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 2 Teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1 Teaspoon Chilli Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- Salt To Taste
- 1 Tablespoon Cashew Paste
- 2 Tablespoon Oil
- Curry Leaves Fistful
Step by Step photos on how to make Andhra Style Chicken Roast / Kodi Vepudu:
- Clean and wash the chicken. Blend the onion and make it into a paste.
2. Add in Chilli Powerder, turmeric powder, garam masala, onion paste, ginger garlic paste, lemon juice, salt and ghee into chicken.
3. Mix them gently. Let the chicken to marinate for atleast 30 minutes. Heat oil in a frying pan. Add in the marinated chicken and start cooking.
4. Add in curry leaves. Close the chicken and start cooking. Chicken releases some water. Close the pan with a lid and cook until the chicken is cooked tender.
5. When the chicken is cooked add in the cashew paste and cook until the cashew blends well with the chicken. Cook until all the water disappears.
Flavorful kodi vepudu is now ready to serve.