Beetroot Halwa, another wonderful dessert for any party or festival. The vibrant colour of beetroot is so attractive. Ghee and milk blends well with beetroot to give an awesome taste. Its prepared in the same way as that of Carrot/Gajar halwa and tastes as good as Carrot/Gajar halwa. Even those who dont like beetroot will love this recipe. For me this is a dessert that tastes heavenly with just a handful of ingredients. Using full fat milk gives richness to the halwa. It is easy but takes some time to prepare beetroot halwa, the creamy delicious and filling dessert. Carrot Halwa has a traditional background of being served hot in winter. It has many variations. One of the best variation is beetroot halwa. Similar to Carrot Halwa Beetroot Halwa can be served hot in winter. The halwa keeps well in refrigerator for 3 days chilled. It sets well if chilled.
For Carrot Halwa recipe Click Here
Beetroot Halwa, another wonderful dessert for any party or festival. The vibrant colour of beetroot is so attractive. Ghee and milk blends well with beetroot to give an awesome taste.
- 3 Tablespoon Ghee
- 1.5 Cup Beetroot Grated
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Cup Condensed Milk
- Nuts Fistful
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cardamom Powder
Heat Ghee in a wok. Add in the nuts and roast them.
Remove from ghee and set them aside.
In the same ghee add in the grated beetroot and saute them.
When it is sauted well add in the milk and cook them until all the milk evaporates. Keep stirring so that the mixture does not stick to the wok.
Now add in the Condensed milk and keep stirring.
When the mixture starts thickening add in the cardamom powder.
Keep cooking and stirring until the mixture reaches the halwa consistency. Finally garnish with roasted nuts.
Delicious Beetroot Halwa is now ready to serve.
- Use a thick bottom vessel for making Halwa. Even pressure cooker can be used.
- The Beetroot halwa tends to ticken when it cools down. So switch off the flame when it is a bit fluid.
- Overcooking might turn the halwa crisp.
- Condensed milk can be replaced with 1/2 cup milk and 1/2 Cup sugar
Step by Step Photos on how to make Beetroot Halwa:
- Heat Ghee in a wok. Add in the cashews roast them and set them aside. Add in grated beetroot into the same wok. Saute until it is cooked well.
2. Add in Milk. Keep Heating until the milk evaporates.
3. Now add in the condensed milk. Keep stirring. When the mixture starts thickening add in cardamom powder.
4. Keep stirring until the mixture reaches the halwa consistency. Finally garnish with the roased cashew.
Delicious halwa is now ready to serve.
Yummm… Simply melts in the mouth.