Coconut Roasted gram dal Chutney / Thengai Pottu Kadalai Chutney is a very easy recipe that can be made in minutes. This is a common side dish made in any South Indian household. This chutney goes well with idli, Dosa, Vada, Upma, paniyaram or pongal. The taste of this chutney comes from the roasted gram dal. One another key is to use the fresh coconut that gives a fresh taste to the chutney. As a final touch it is tampered with spices.
Coconut Roasted gram dal Chutney / Thengai Pottu Kadalai Chutney
Coconut Roasted gram dal Chutney / Thengai Pottu Kadalai Chutney is a tasty and healthy chutney to be served with Idli, Dosa, Paniyaram, Pongal or Kichadi.
- ½ Cup Coconut Grated Loosely packed
- ⅓ Cup Roased Gram Dal
- 1 Green Chilli
- Water as required
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- ½ Teaspoon Mustard
- ½ Teaspoon Urad Dal
- 1 Dry Red Chilli
- 1 Spring Curry Leaves
- Add in Coconut, Roasted Gram Dal, Water, salt, green Chillis with minimum water and blend them into a smooth paste.
- In a wok add oil and heat it. Add in all the ingredients mentioned under to tamper and saute them.
- Switch off the flame add the blended paste into the tampering mixture and give a gentle stir.
- Tasty and healthy chutney is now ready to serve with breakfast tiffin items.
- While blending do not add more water or the chutney would get watery.
- Curry leaves can be replaced with coriander leaves as well.
- A bit of ginger can also be added into the chutney.
Checkout other Chutney recipes available in this space