Black Rice Porridge / Kavuni Arisi Kanji is a nutritious and healthy breakfast option
- 1/2 Cup Black Rice
- 3 Tablespoon Yellow Moong Dal
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Cups Water
- 3/4 Cup Milk
Soak Black rice in water overnight.
Add in Black rice, Salt and water in a pressure cooker and pressure cook for 5 whistles in medium flame.
Allow the pressure to release on its own. Open the pressure cooker and mash the rice. Add in milk and cook for another 2 or 3 minutes
Nutritious Porridge is now ready to serve.
Step by Step Photos on how to make Black Rice Porridge / Kavuni Arisi Kanji
- Soak Black Rice over night. Add in Black Rice and Moong dal into a pressure cooker. Add in water.
- Add in salt to taste. Pressure cook for 5 whistles in medium flame. Switch off the flame. Allow the pressure to release on its own. Open the pressure cooker. Mash the rice with a hand blender or with a ladle.
- Add in milk and cook for another 2 or 3 minutes in low flame.
- Nutritious porridge is now ready to serve.