Capsicum Masala is a tasty and easy side dish to be served with rotis and chapattis. I have used Red, Yellow and Green Capsicums in this recipe in the idea of making it more interesting. It can also be had with idli and dosa. It also serves as a good side dish with pulaos too. Checkout other vegetarian side dish for rotis available in this space.
Capsicum Masala is a colorful and easy recipe. It can be served as a side dish with Rotis and Chapathis.
- 3/4 Cup Capsicum (A Mixture of Red, Yellow and Green)
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Inch Cinnamon
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 1 Tomato Chopped
- 2 Tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Chilli Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Coriander Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Garam Masala Powder
- Salt To Taste
- Coriander Leaves Chopped
- Water as required
- 3 Tablespoon Groundnut
- 1 Teaspoon White Sesame Seeds
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Grated
Remove the center portion from the capsicum. Chop them into equal sized pieces.
Chop onion and tomato into equal sized pieces.
Dry roast peanuts until it starts darkening. Cool them down. Mash them so that the skin peels of. Set it aside.
Dry roast white sesame seeds. Roast until they start spluttering.
Add roasted peanuts, sesame seeds and coconut with only required water and blend them into a smooth paste. Set it aside.
Heat oil in a wok. Add in cumin seeds and allow them to splutter.
Add in Bay leaves and cinnamon and saute for 30 seconds.
Add in onion and saute until glossy.
Add in ginger garlic paste and saute until it is sauted well.
Add in tomatoes and saute them. If the mixture is very dry add in few spoons of water.
Add in the chopped capsicum and saute for few minutes. Add in salt to taste.
Add in White paste and add required water. Add in salt to taste. Add in the spice powders. Mix them gently.
Cook until the mixtue is cooked well. Finally garnish with Coriander Leaves.
Switch off the flame.
Simple and easy Capsicum Masala is now ready to serve.
Step by Step photos on how to make Capsicum Masala:
- Dry roast Peanuts until they start darkening. Cool down. Mash peanuts. Blow out the outer skin.
2. Dry roast the white sesame seeds. Switch off the flame and allow them to splutter. Add Roasted Sesame seeds, Til seeds and coconut into a blender with required water. Blend them into a smooth paste. Set them aside.
3. Heat oil in a wok. Add in cumin seeds and allow them to splutter. Add in bay leaves and cinnamon stick. Saute for 30 seconds.
4. Add in onion and saute until glossy. Add in ginger garlic paste and saute for few minutes.
5. Add in tomatoes and saute until the tomatoes are sauted mushy. Add in the chopped capsicum and keep sauting. Add in salt to taste.
6. Add in the ground paste and the required water. Cook for 2 minutes. Add in Turmeric powder, Chilli powder, Coriander Powder and Garam Masala Powder.
7. Stir them. Add water and adjust the water consistency. Do not add more water. Cook until the masalas blend well. Finally garnish with coriander leaves.
8. Tasty Capsicum Masala is now ready to serve.