Recipe type: Roti | Cuisine: Indian | Yield / Serves: 5
Wheat flour - 1 cup
Water - as required (i used ½ cup)
salt - to taste
Capsicum chopped - ¾ cup (i used green, red and yellow)
Garam Masala powder - ½ teaspoon
Oil- 1 tablespoon for paratha 1 tablespoon for sauting capsicum
Step by Step Photos on how to make Capsicum Paratha:
- Chop the Capsicum and get ready. Heat oil in a wok. Add in Chopped capsicum and saute them. Add in garam masala powder and salt and saute them for 3 minutes. Switch off the flame and set them aside.
- Take the wheat flour in a wide bowl. Add salt to taste. Add in the sauted capsicum and mix them gently. Do not mash them. Since they are sauted they easily break.
- Sprinkle water little by little and roll them into a dough. at the end add oil and knead them again. Leave this dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. After 30 minuted take them from the refrigerator and knead them again. Make them into smaller balls.
- Flatten them and toast each side in a hot tawa.
- Colorful and Healthy Capsicum parathas are now ready to serve.
- The amount of water completely depends on the type of wheat flour used.
- Capsicum can also be added without sauting.