Recipe type: Appetizer | Cuisine: International | Yield / Serves: 2
Chicken - 200 grams
Corn Flour / Rice Flour - 1 tablespoon
Cumin Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Fennel Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Garam Masala - 1 teaspoon
Chilli Powder - ¼ teaspoon
Turmeric Powder - a generous pinch
Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tablespoon
Green Chillis - 1 chopped
Coriander Leaves - 1 tablespoon
Onion - 1 chopped
Oil - for deep frying
Salt - to taste
Step by Step Photos on how to make Chicken Pakoda:
- Wash and Clean the Chicken. Chop and get ready with the vegatables.
- Add in onion, green Chillis, Fennel Seeds, Cumin Seeds, coriander leaves into a blender Pulse it once. Add the chicken and salt to taste into the blender.
- Pulse them again. Take ginger garlic paste in a bowl. Add in the Pulsed chicken paste into it.
- Add in Garam Masala, Chilli Powder, Corn Flour and Gram flour into the chicken paste and mix them gently. Leave it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes take them out and leave it for 5 minutes. Heat oil in a frying pan.
- When the oil in hot enough add in the chicken paste in chunks into oil and deep fry them.
- When the chicken chunks are fried golden brown remove them from oil and place then in absorbant paper for the excess oil to be drained.
- Crispy and Crunchy Chicken Pakoda is now ready to be served.
- Fennel seeds gives a unique taste to the chicken pakoda.
- Boneless Juicy Chicken Pieces are very well suited for this recipe.
- The Chicken paste must be thick, so do not add any water.
- Since the chicken is made into a paste do not keep it more than 30 minutes or the taste would spoilt.