Carrot Halwa / Gajar Halwa is a Popular Indian dessert. Carrot halwa is a simple sweet dish. Carrot and milk gives a very good taste when combined with each other. So simple recipe made with a handful of ingredients, but tastes divine. This is a type of recipe that everyone loves. An easy yet delicious sweet dish, perfect for all occasions and best served warm but can be had Chilled too. I love to have it chilled and with a scoop of vanilla icecream. Here goes the recipe…
Carrot Halwa / Gajar Halwa
- 1 Cup Carrot Grated
- 1 Cup Milk Boiled
- 2 Tablespoon Ghee
- ¼ Cup Sugar
- ¼ Teaspoon Cardamom Powder
- Pistachios Few
- Wash carrots. Grate them. Set aside.
- Take a heavy bottom pan. Add ghee into it and start heating.
- Add in the grated carrot and saute for few minutes.
- Add in the milk. Keep cooking and stir occasionally.
- Add sugar and give a quick stir. It releases some water.
- Cook until the mixture reaches the halwa consistency.
- That is the mixture start coming to the center without sticking to the sides of the pan.
- Garnisg with roastd pistachios. Yummy dessert is now ready to serve.
- Cook the entire recipe in low flame for perfect taste.
- I have used pistachios for garnishing, you can garnish with any nuts of your choice.
Step by step photos on how to make Carrot Halwa / Gajar Halwa:
- Wash carrots well. Grate them. Set aside. Take a heavy bottom pan. Add ghee into it and start heating.
2. Add in the grated carrot and start sauting. Saute for few minutes. Add in the milk slowly.
3. Cook well until the raw small leaves.
4. Add sugar and give a quick stir. Cook until the mixture reaches the halwa consistency. That is the mixture start coming to the center without sticking to the sides of the pan.
Delicious dessert is now ready to serve.