Carrot Stir Fry / Carrot Poriyal makes a perfect and Healthy side dish for lunch or dinner. This is a dry textured recipe. It suits very well with Sambar rice, Rasam rice and Curd rice. Its very Simple Yet Delicious, a simple stir fry packed with nutrition and taste. My lil one's favourite too. Carrot is rich in antioxidants and Vitamin A. It is good for the eyes and the skin health. As in this recipe Carrot is sauted and topped up with coconut. Many Variations can be done with carrot as carrot is a vegetable that goes well with many other vegetables. Some other recipes like like Carrot Green Peas, Carrot ChicPeas, Carrot Cabbage, Carrot Cauliflower are also popular. Checkout other veggie stir fry recipes available in my space.
Carrot Stir Fry / Carrot Poriyal
Carrot Stir Fry / Carrot Poriyal is a healthy and tasty side dish.
- 1 Cup Carrot Grated
- 3 Tablespoon Coconut Grated
- 2 Tablespoon Oil
- ½ Teaspoon Mustard
- ½ Teaspoon Urad Dal
- 1 Green Chilli Chopped
- 3 Shallots Chopped
- 1 Spring Curry Leaves
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- Heat oil in a wok and add in Mustard and Urad dal. Allow them to splutter.
- Add in Onion, Green Chillis and Curry leaves and saute until the onion turns glossy.
- Add in Grated carrot and salt to taste. Saute until the carrot is cooked completely.
- Add in grated coconut and give a quick stir.
- Cook for few more minutes and switch off the flame.
- Tasty and Healthy Carrot Stir Fry is now ready to serve.
- While cooking carrot if the mixture is too dry then add in few spoons of water to cook them soft.