Cauliflower curry is prepared by cooking cauliflower with sauted onion and tomatoes along with other spice powders. Cauliflower Curry makes an excellent accompaniment with Chapathi and Roti. This is healthy Comforting and Ultra flavourful curry.
Cauliflower Curry Ingredients
Cauliflower : One medium Size Cauliflower chopped into bite sized florets.
Mustard and Cumin : Which will be used for Tampering. It can be replaced with Fennel Seeds and Bay Leaves.
Onion and Tomatoes : Which will be sauted in oil until soft, and will add more texture to the curry.
Ginger Garlic Paste: Brings nice flavour to the curry.
Spices: I used a Mixture of Chilli Powder, Pepper Powder, Garam Masala Powder and Coriander Powder.
Coriander Leaves : If contributes a lot to add in flavors to the Curry. It can be replaced with Curry Leaves too.
Step by step photos
For cleaning Cauliflower
- 1 Medium Cauliflower Chopped
- water as required
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
For Cauliflower Curry
- 1.5 tablespoon Oil
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 1 Tomato Chopped
- 1 tsp Cumin
- ½ tsp Mustard
- 1.5 Tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp Pepper Powder
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- ¼ Cup Coriander Leaves Chopped
- Salt to taste
To Clean the Cauliflower
- Bring required water to boil.
- Add in Salt and Turmeric Powder. When the water starts boiling switch off the flame.
- Chop the Cauliflower into small pieces and add them into the water.
- Leave it for 15 minutes. Drain the water and set aside.
For Cauliflower Curry
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Add in Mustard and Cumin and allow them to splutter.
- Add in onion and saute until glossy.
- Add in Chopped Tomatoes and saute until mushy.
- Add in Ginger garlic paste and saute for few minutes.
- Add the spice powders like Chilli Powder, Coriander Powder, Garam Masala Powder and Pepper Powder and cook until the masalas blend well.
- Add in chopped cauliflower. Mix gently. Add water as required.
- Cook until the cauliflower is cooked soft.
- Garnish with chopped Coriander leaves and switch off the flame.
- Healthy Cauliflower Curry is now ready to serve.
- Serve it right away on the very first day do not store in refrigerator for the next day consumption.
- Washing the Cauliflower florets in Turmeric and salt water helps to get rid of small worms and dirt hidden inside the florets.
- Green Peas and Potaoes can be added along with cauliflower in this curry.
Leave a Reply