Channa Briyani / ChickPea Briyani
|Soaking time: 4 Hrs||| Cook time: 20min||| Total time:4 Hrs|
|Recipe type: Briyani||| Cuisine: Indian||| Yield / Serves: 2|
|Taste: Mildly Spicy|
Channa – 1/3 Cup
Basmati Rice – 1 Cup
Water – 3/4 Cup
Coconut Milk – 1/2 Cup
Coriander Leaves – 1/4 Cup
Mint Leaves – 2 tablespoon tightly packed
Green Chilli – 1 big
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 teaspoon
Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 teaspoon
Onion – 1
Salt to Taste
Ghee – 2 tablespoon
Cinnamon – 1 inch stick
Cloves – 2
Bay Leaves – 2 small
Black Stone Flower – 1
Green Cardamom – 2
Step by Step Photos on how to make Channa Briyani:
- Soak Channa atleast for 4 hours. Pressure cook for 3 whistles. set aside. Heat ghee in a pressure cooker. Add Cinnamon, Cloves, Bayleaves, Green Cardamon and Black stone flower. Once nice aroma comes out add onion and saute until glossy.
- Add Ginger Garlic Paste and saute until nice aroma comes out. Grind Coriander, Pudina and green Chillies together. Add this green paste and saute until the raw smell leaves. Add the precooked channa and soaked basmati rice. Saute for 1 minute.
- Add the water and coconut milk. Add Salt to taste. Close the cooker and leave for 3 whistles. Switch off the cooker and allow to release pressure on its own. Open the pressure cooker and mix slowly with a fork. Delicious Channa Biryani ready in minutes.
- Soaking Rice is to make it soft. Do not omit this step.
- My Briyani looks greenish since I have used the green paste (Coriander, Mint and Green Chillies). Grinding is completely optional. My little one does not like to have leaves in biryani so I followed this recipe.