Chicken fry recipe is yummy and simple to make.This is an absolutely delicious starter. It is also good when served as a side dish with rice and rasam. This is one of the recipes that goes hand in hand when you got to make something delicious and quick. This is a real delight for chicken Lovers. Marinated in spices gives an awesome flavor. I have added kashmiri chilli powder to bring in the reddish color. Checkout other chicken recipes here.
- 500 Grams Chicken
- 2 Teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Garam Masala Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Kashmiri chilli Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- Salt to taste
- Oil For Deep Frying
- Curry Leaves Fistful
- 1 Egg Optional
- ⅓ Cup Curd
- Wash and clean the chicken pieces. Chop them into bite sized pieces. Add them into a mixing bowl.
- Add in Chilli powder, Salt, Turmeric Powder, Coriander powder, Cumin Powder and Garam Masala Powder. Add in eggs and Curd.
- Mix them all together and leave it to mariante for atleast 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a fry pan for deep frying.
- Drop the chicken pieces one by one into the hot oil and deep fry them.
- Switch off the flame and then wait for 1 minute. Then add in a fistful of curry leaves. Deep fry them.
- Add them on top of the Fried chicken.
- Yummy Chicken Fry is now ready to Serve.
- If the chicken is marinated for 2 hours it is very delicious
- While deep frying do not crowd the chicken pieces in oil as it would not cook properly.
- Do not cook the chicken pieces for more time as it gets harder.
- Boneless chicken pieces are very well suited for this recipe.
Step by step photos on how to make Chicken Fry:
- Take chicken into a mixing bowl. Add in Salt, Coriander powder, GaramMasala Powder, Kashmiri Chilli Powder, Cumin Powder and Turmeric Powder.
2. Add in Ginger Garlic Paste and Egg.
3. Add in Curd. Mix gently. Let it marinate for atleast 30 minutes.
4. Heat oil in a fry pan. When the oil is hot enough add in the chicken pieces one by one. Keep frying until the sssh sound subsides.
5. Take the chicken out and do the same for the next batch of chicken. After frying the entire portion switch off the flame. Wait for 1 minute for the oil to reduce heat. Add in a fistful of curry leaves. Fry them. Close with a lid if they splutter.
6. Take the curry leaves and add on top of fried chicken.
Chicken Fry or Chicken 65 is now ready to serve.