Chicken Roast is one of my Favorite recipe. Chicken is marinated in yogurt, masalas and egg. It is cooked tender. Then sauted with Onion, tomatoes, Mint and Coriander. Finally garnished with Coconut Chunks. This coconut chunk idea adds more crunch to the dish. This is one of my favorite recipe. I prefer this recipe when i have my favorite ones visiting home or on a leisurely Sunday lunch. Here goes the recipe…
Coconut Chunks Chicken Roast is one of my favourite recipe.
- 500 Grams Chicken Pieces
- 1 Egg
- 1/3 Cup Thick Curd
- 1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Chill Powder
- 2 Teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper Powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 Tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Chunks
- Chicken Marinated
- 2 Tablespoon Oil
- Curry Leaves Fistful
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 2 Small Tomatoes
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin Powder
- 1/2 Cup Coriander Leaves Loosely Packed
- 1/3 Cup Mint Leaves Loosely Packed
- 1 Teaspoon Garam Masala Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Coriander Powder
- Salt To Taste
- Add water while cooking chicken only if required.
- Instead of pot cooking the chicken can also be pressure cooked. But I personally prefer pot cooking as it is tastier.
- Boneless chicken pieces are very well suited for this recipe.
- Mine is a mild spice version. Adjust your spice as per your taste.
- Clean and Wash the chicken pieces. Add them into a mixing bowl. Add Turmeric Powder, salt, Chilli powder, Egg.
2. Add Curd/Yogurt, Pepper Powder and Ginger Garlic Paste and mix it well with the chicken. Set aside and allow it to marinate at least 30 Mins.
3. Heat oil in a frying pan. Add Mustard and allow it to splutter. Add curry leaves and saute them. Add the marinated chicken and saute them.
4. The Chicken Releases water so add water only if it is required. Cook Until all the water evaporates and the chicken is cooked well. Set this mixture aside.
5. For Roasting Coconut
Heat oil in a frying pan. Add the Coconut chunks and roast them until the sides of the coconut becomes dark.
6. Heat oil in another frying pan. Add onion and saute until glossy. Add tomatoes and saute them until mushy.
7. Add the mint leaves and Coriander leaves and saute them until the raw goes off.
8. Add in the roasted coconut chunks. Mix them. Add cumin powder and garam Masala.
9. Cook until the raw smell of the masala goes off. Add the precooked chicken into this mixture. Cook them until the masala blends into the chicken. Switch off the flame. Chicken roast is done now.
Delicious chicken roast is ready. Chicken roast can be served as an appetizer / Starter. It can also be served as a side dish alongside chapati or Rice. It can be used as a filling for rolls or sandwiches.