Wow My first post… The chocolate cake, one of the delicious cake, great for birthdays and celebrations, It is very easy to prepare especially for beginners… I’m sure you’ll enjoy this treat! I have been thinking many recipes to Create as my first post, but somehow ended in Chocolate cake. I am very much fond of baking and happy that my first post is out of baking. Here goes the recipe… (Pictures Updated). Dont have an oven to bake a cake there is a Stove top Chocolate cake in this space. There is an eggless Chocolate cake check out here
Chocolate Cake is a delicious and easy cake.
- 3/4 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1/3 Cup Milk
Preheat the oven for 10 minutes at 180 Deg C for 10 minutes
Grease a baking tin with generous oil and set it aside.
Add butter and milk together in a mixing bowl and mix them to form a smooth liquid. If needed heat the mixture so that they melt easily. But make sure the mixture is in room temperature before using.
Add in the dry ingredients into another mixing bowl. Add in wheat flour, Powdered sugar, cocoa powder, Baking soda and baking powder.
Sift the mixture to remove any lumps.
Add in the egg mixture and milk mixture into the dry flour and mix them gently without any lumps.
Pour the cake batter into the cake tin and tap gently so that any air bubbles would escape.
Place the cake mixture into the oven and bake for 40 minutes at 180 Deg C
After 40 minutes if the skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean then the cake is done. Else bake for 10 more minutes. Take the cake out of the oven and leave it into the kitchen counter to cool down completely.
Using a knife release the sides of the cake.
Invert the cake on a board. Now our chocolate cake is ready to enjoy.
- Grease the Baking tin with generous oil or the cake would stick to the pan.
If you are using maida the add in 1 cup of flour
- All the ingredients must be in room temperature befor adding them into the cake batter.
- Sift the flour mixture, do not omit this step. Or there would be lumps in the mixture.
- Make sure the beater and the bowl is clean and dry while beating the eggs., or the eggs wont raise in quantity.
- The Baking time might differ from different microwaves and OTGs, Hence read your user manual before baking.
- The cake batter must not be more than half of the cake mold, as the cake is tend to raise it might overflow.
- Using a round cake mold is better so that the cake cooks well from all sides.
Step by step photos on how to make Chocolate cake:
- Take a baking tin and grease it with generous oil.
2. Take Milk and butter in a bowl. Mix them using a whisk. Make sure it whisks well into a smooth liquid.
3. Take a mixing bowl. Add in 3/4 Cup of Wheat flour.
4. Add in Powdered sugar. Add in cocoa Powder.
5. Add in Baking Powder and Baking Soda.
6. Sift the Flour to remove any lumps. Mix the flour using a whisk. Set it aside.
7. Add in 3 eggs. Add in Vanilla Extract. Whisk the eggs until they foam up.
8. Beat the eggs until the eggs raise up to 3 times the original quantity.
9. Add in the egg mixture into the flour.
10. Add in the milk mixture. Fold in and make a smooth cake batter.
11. Pour the cake batter into the Cake tin. Tap the cake tin so that any air bubbles would escape.
12. Place the cake tin into the Oven. Bake the cake for 40 minutes at 180 Deg C. After 40 minutes if the skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean then the cake is done. Else bake for 10 more minutes. Take the cake out of the oven and leave it into the kitchen counter to cool down completely.
13. Use a knife to release the sides of the cake. Invert the cake tin and take out the cake.
Decorate it as your hearts content.