StoveTop Chocolate Cake is a simple and easy recipe where in we can prepare the delightful chocolate cake without an oven. There is no compromise is texture or taste. The cake is moist and has a perfect crumb You will be amazed how good it is. This cake tastes best when you finish it on the same day.
Eggless Stovetop Chocolate Cake
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 3 Tablespoon Cocoa Powder
- ½ Cup Coconut Oil
- 1 Cup Warm Water
- 2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ Cup Powdered Sugar
- ½ Cup Condensed Milk
- Take a Heavy bottom vessel with a tight Lid so that the heat does not escape. I used my Old Pressure cooker.
- Place a small plate or a stand inside the vessel and close the vessel and heat the empy vessel for 10 mins in low flame.
- Mean While in a mixing bowl take Wheat flour, Baking Powder and Cocoa Powder. Sift the Mixture using a sieve. This Process removes lumps from the flour.
- Mix them using a whisk. Set it aside.
- In another mixing Bowl take Coconut oil, condensed milk and powdered sugar. Whisk them until the sugar dissolves and they combine for a smooth paste.
- Now add this mixture into the wheat flour mixture. Mix them using a whisk.
- Add in water slowly and keep mixing.
- Mix them until there are no any lumps and the batter forms a smooth consistency.
- The batter must be a little runny.
- Now take a baking tin. Grease it with oil.
- Now pour the Cake batter into the baking tin.
- Fill only upto ¾ of the baking tin.
- Now open the preheated pressure cooker and place the cake tin on the stand/plate.
- Close the pressure cooker do not add the weight. Cook for another 25 minutes in low flame.
- After this time open the pressure cooker and check the cake. Insert a skewer and see if it comes out clean.
- Or if the cake batter sticks to it then it needs more cooking time. Cook for another 10 minutes.
- Take the cake out from the pressure cooker. Let it cool down. Release the edges of the cake using a knife so that it is easy to unmould the cake.
- Invert it on a plate. Not slice them and serve them.
- Delicious chocolate cake is now ready to serve.
- The cake rises while cooking so fill only ¾ of the cake tin.
- Any heavy bottomed vessel can be used for baking this cake.
- Add only warm water or it would affect the texture of the cake.
- The quantity of water added completely depends on the type of batter used I used 1 Cup water for 1 Cup flour. So add water slowly and stop when you feel the water is enough.
- The Coconut oil in this recipe can be replaced with cooking oil as well.
- If you are baking in a oven then preheat the oven and bake this cake for 20 - 40 mins at 180 deg C.
Step by step photos on how to make Eggless Stovetop Chocolate Cake:
- Take a heavy bottomed vessel i have taken a pressure cooker. Place a stand or a plate at the bottom of the vessel. Close with a tight lid so that the heat does not escape. In case of pressure cooker do not use the weight. Heat it for 10 minutes in low flame for the preheating process.
2. Meanwhile in a mixing bowl place a sieve. Add in Wheat Flour, Coco Powder and Baking Powder. Sift the mixture in order to remove any lumps.
3. After sifting mix the flour with a whisk in order to mix it well. Set this aside.
4. In another mixing bowl add in Coconut oil, Condensed Milk and Powdered Sugar.
5. Mix it until all the sugar dissolves and it forms a smooth consistency. Add this mixture into the wheat flour mixture. Mix them using a whisk or a hand blender.
6. Add water in the flour little by little and keep mixing.
7. Stop adding water when the batter reaches a smooth runny consistency. there must be no any lumps. Take a baking mold. Grease it with Coconut oil. Pour the cake batter into the baking tin.
8. Fill only up to ¾th of the baking tin so that when the cake raises it is easy to handle. Place the baking tin into the Presssure Cooker on the stand.
9. Close the pressure cooker and cook for 20 minutes in low flame. After 20 minutes check the cake. Insert a skewer. If it comes out clean then the caked is cooked well. If the cake batter sticks to the skewer then cook for 10 more minutes.
10. Take the Cake Tin out of the cooker and Leave it until it cools down. Release the sides of the cake using a knife. Invert it in a place. Slice it and njoy.
That is how the texture was moist and soft.